cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Text and Data won't connect

MountainMomM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I purchased a US text, voice, data add-on. I finished both steps as mentioned in previous posts. I manually tried to connect to AT-T and T-Mobile and neither work. 

Please help!

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MountainMomM wrote:

Hello,

The mods didn't get back to me. I'm leaving the US today. Who to I talk to, to get this add on refunded? 

Thank you. 

That's crappy. Unfortunately...those very same mods. Hopefully they'll give you some satisfaction.

MountainMomM

Hello,

The mods didn't get back to me. I'm leaving the US today. Who to I talk to, to get this add on refunded? 

Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MountainMomM wrote:

How do I reach a mod? 

Oh. Sorry. I thought you already had when I posted that.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

MountainMomM

How do I reach a mod? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MountainMomM wrote:

The add-on is showing up in my account as active. I've power cycled twice. Still nothing. I can't wait 48 hours, I'll just cancel, I'm only here for 72 hrs. 

This is silly!

I agree! The usual problems have been addressed as far as we can tell from here. Maybe hopefully when you finally get through to the mods they'll do something for you.

I did a little searching and this has certainly occurred before. But I only found successful outcomes with that little searching.

MountainMomM

The add-on is showing up in my account as active. I've power cycled twice. Still nothing. I can't wait 48 hours, I'll just cancel, I'm only here for 72 hrs. 

This is silly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MountainMomM wrote:

I have Canada wide talk, international text and data. I added the US talk,text,data add on this morning. 

Your OP said that you were trying to connect to ATT or T-Mobile which would imply that you're in the US now right?

Try on/off airplane mode, cell radios and power as another possibility.

And you see the add-on in your add-ons area of the overview screen right?

you are in USA now...correct ? Or are you attempting to call USA from Canada ?

MountainMomM

I have Canada wide talk, international text and data. I added the US talk,text,data add on this morning. 

I'm assuming you're currently in the USA...right ? Go into your acct and make sure Add - On is includes the plan you want. Cycle phone off and back on again.

If nothing else works, you'll have to send a message to the PM moderators...but wait times for response to your questions could take as long as 48hrs or longer.

Otherwise....I got nutthin !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MountainMomM wrote:

They are both on and I have an active account and it still won't work. Ideas?

What plan do you have here?

You need talk to get talk.

MountainMomM

They are both on and I have an active account and it still won't work. Ideas?

Also...make sure you have an active PM account.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MountainMomM wrote:

Hello, 

I purchased a US text, voice, data add-on. I finished both steps as mentioned in previous posts. I manually tried to connect to AT-T and T-Mobile and neither work. 

Please help!

Make sure you have cellular and data roaming turned on in your settings.  Are these turned on?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Check in your settings to allow roaming on your particular phone. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.