cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10 day plan): Is Talk and Text Unlimited in this plan?

zentrain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm travelling to the US -- Is both talk and text unlimited on this plan.  I have a couple of phone meetings (calls from Canada to me in the US).  I don't want to run out of minutes or the ability to text.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous I always had a plan with all 3 services when I used US romaing add-ons, so I can't weigh in with personal experience unfortunately.

That said, I just found my conversation with @Mary_M where she confirmed it for me.  She said:

"Example, US roaming is not dependant on domestic services so the need to purchase a talk plan is not required if u want a talk us add on."  

I was asking for confirmation, when one of the less experienced moderators had replied to a thread saying that you did need the base service.  Mary confirmed to me that this information was not correct, and there is no dependency on the domestic services being in place.

Then yeah they should change their terms and conditions point #6. For a little more unclear interpretation...then does it mean you *have* to have roaming talk? Is it that you can't get just data?  I think one can get them stand-alone. So just remove those three words and be done.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous I always had a plan with all 3 services when I used US romaing add-ons, so I can't weigh in with personal experience unfortunately.

That said, I just found my conversation with @Mary_M where she confirmed it for me.  She said:

"Example, US roaming is not dependant on domestic services so the need to purchase a talk plan is not required if u want a talk us add on."  

I was asking for confirmation, when one of the less experienced moderators had replied to a thread saying that you did need the base service.  Mary confirmed to me that this information was not correct, and there is no dependency on the domestic services being in place.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous hmmm now I'm second-guessing myself, but I'm 97.333558487% sure that's what I was told.... hmmm.

I can well imagine that IS what you heard. 🙂 I'm just pointing out another possible discrepancy among several.

I guess someone with a data-only plan would need to try it out as further corroborating evidence. What was your experience? We have Luddite's experience so far.

srlawren

@Anonymous hmmm now I'm second-guessing myself, but I'm 97.333558487% sure that's what I was told.... hmmm.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And additionally, while probably not relevant to you, but getting roaming add-ons needs a talk component in the base plan. If you're on data only then you can't get roaming.

Unless it has changed, I used US add-ons while on a data only plan last year.

Well we all know that there seem to some differences between real world experiences and stated policy in this little outfit. 🙂

Apparently we're supposed to keep quiet when it benefits us. 🙂

@Anonymous @Luddite I can confrim, I was told by a moderator previously that for the US-Roaming add-ons, they have no requirement that you have the same service active in your base plan.  So you can still purchase and us US Roaming Talk without having talk in your normal plan; you can still purchase and use US Roaming Texting without having texting in your normal plan; you can still purchase and use US Roaming Data without having data in your normal plan.  

Well then that confirms that it's another discrepancy with a stated policy. Or at the very least...confusion. Terms & Conditions #6 to be specific. There's a catch-all that states that a talk option is required. I read that as needing talk in your base plan due to its position at the top in the black heading:

US Roaming6

Not at each add-on...the top of the section. Text and data fine...but for all, they need talk in the base.

Or so I interpret. 🙂

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And additionally, while probably not relevant to you, but getting roaming add-ons needs a talk component in the base plan. If you're on data only then you can't get roaming.

Well we all know that there seem to some differences between real world experiences and stated policy in this little outfit. 🙂

@Anonymous @Luddite I can confrim, I was told by a moderator previously that for the US-Roaming add-ons, they have no requirement that you have the same service active in your base plan.  So you can still purchase and us US Roaming Talk without having talk in your normal plan; you can still purchase and use US Roaming Texting without having texting in your normal plan; you can still purchase and use US Roaming Data without having data in your normal plan.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zentrain, as the others have mentioned, the talk and text is unlimited, just make sure not to purchase it until maybe the day of or the day before you need it, because the 10 days starts immediately.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Both talk and text are unlimited for the 10 day period that the plan is in effect. You can re-up it after 10 days agin if needed. Good luck.

mimmo

Yes the add-ons are unlimited.  I suggest a back up plan though just in case you have issues with the add-on. ie fongo VoIP  number

Need Help? Let's chat.