cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Receiving Calls?

jilliene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I was wondering how the US Roaming addon works with receiving callls? Say I have the add-on with unlimited Talk enabled and I was in the US.. if I get a call from Canada, that would work with the add-on right? But what about the caller in Canada? Would they get long distance charges calling my Canadian number while I'm in the US? 

19 REPLIES 19

masterc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes you can .

Also no Long distance charge for person calling from home to your cell while roaming.

circle

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@circle, with a US roaming add-on, Yes, you can receive calls from (and make calls to) Canada.

Osaga

of course.. its a USA roaming plan... and if you're in the US then you must be roaming

circle

Can you receive call from Canada?

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker   That’s great. Thank you.

@pckku, I do not see this being a problem.

It can be any public mobile phone number, calling any other phone number (in Canada, and *most* in the US) while standing in *most* of the US, if they have a US Roaming talk (minimum) plan.

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please clarify the following for me:

Three (416) phones, each has purchased US Talk roaming add-on for their (416) phone numbers, while in the US, can they both call and receive calls from each other?

Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the feedback, @masterc 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

masterc
I can verify, I just used US roaming last week.
I called Canada, local numbers, they received calls no problem and didn't get charged long distance.
I was pleased with the PM roaming, it worked seamlessly, no issues at all. Activated as soon as I crossed border, no connection issues...

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What makkahn28 wrote is wrong.  The caller will not get charged US LD if he is dialing your canadian number.  The only LD he may get charge is if your Canadian number is not a local number for him, ie you have a Toronto number and he is in Vancouver.   If you have a Toronto number and he is in Toronto as well, then he will never get charge for LD no matter where you are. 

jilliene

Thank you @SD08 and @imm1304, that's what I thought.. I was just confused by the earlier replies

Osaga

that makes sense

imm1304

Hi @jilliene!

I agree with @SD08 above.  In the scenario you described, your friend will NOT be paying long distance to call your Toronto number.  

You are the one roaming in the US.  So as long as you are paying for the roaming add-on, you will have functional service.  This does not change anything for the people who are trying to reach you.  

SD08
No. A local number cannot be turned into a long distance number by going somewhere.

jilliene

I'm just getting more confused.

Scenario: I have a Toronto number, my friend has a Toronto number, I'm in the states, she calls me, is it long distance for her?

A clarification: they are liable for any LD charges to your Canadian area code, not to the USA.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jilliene

So to be clear:

I have a 647 number, with US Roaming enabled, and if I'm in the States and I receive a call from my friend with a 647 number, she would get long distance charges calling me?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. That would depend on what their plans gives them, if they have L-D on their plans, then they should be fine, If NOT, then L-D Charges apply

Need Help? Let's chat.