cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Question

Ferlea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi!

I am going to Hawaii. My home province is BC.

If I purchase US Roaming (calling and or texting):

- Will I be able to make unlimited calls home to BC and within Hawaii for that flat $8.00 fee?

- Can I text anywhere around the world still from Hawaii with that flat $8.00 sms roaming fee?

Thanks guys! Oh - and you never get billed extra for calls outside the regions you can call to for that flat fee right? You would just get a blocked call?

THANKS THANKS THANKS

7 REPLIES 7

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol and as per usual after putting in keywords....in 15 seconds my question is answered. 

Thank you community 😁

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Phil871  you cant stack them because they start working right away  so if you bought one today and tomorrow you would loose the time remaining on the first one.

I would look in purchase history.  I am pretty sure it is listed in the overview page under addons but since i am not currently using the usa addons am not sure,

@Phil871 wrote:

Why is bundle talk and text for $15 not an available option before your 10 days expiry date?

Where can you find in your profile the dates of US roaming add-ons will start and expire.

Phil871
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is bundle talk and text for $15 not an available option before your 10 days expiry date?

Where can you find in your profile the dates of US roaming add-ons will start and expire.

srlawren

@Ferlea glad to hear it!  Hope you had fun (or are still having fun) in Hawaii!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ferlea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just purchased the calling add on and it worked very well. I was able to call back to BC from Hawaii, and also around Hawaii. I believe I also called to non-Hawaiin US numbers as well and it performed excellently!

srlawren

@Ferlea I see that @Lg85 has already given you some great info.  The short answer to your questions are all "yes".

If you haven't purhcased any add-ons at Public Mobile before, you may want to review this guide to the process. It's a 2-step process that isn't always very intuitive.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ferlea

The US roaming is valid for 10 days from the day you purchase the add-on.

Add-ons

Price

Description

US Roaming

U.S Talk, Text and Data Bundle

$20

Unlimited Talk, Global Text and 250 mb Data for 10 days

U.S Talk and Text Bundle

$15

Unlimited Talk and Global Text for 10 days

U.S Talk Only

$8

Unlimited Talk for 10 days

U.S Text Only

$8

Unlimited Global Text for 10 days

U.S Data Only

From $10

250 MB for $10, 500 MB for $15 and 1 GB of $20 for 10 days

If you want both talk and text, it will be $1 cheaper to purchase the $15 US roaming add-on (where it includes both talk and text instead of purchasing for $8 each).

The US roaming text add on is unlimited global text, so you should be able to text anywhere around the the world from within Hawaii. However, picture messsaging and video messaging are not available. 

You can make unlimited calls with the US roaming talk add on within Hawaii. I believe this also covers calls to BC as well. 

As Public Mobile is a prepaid service, you will not be billed extra for anything that you have not paid for in advance. 

Need Help? Let's chat.