cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Outgoing Text Not Wokring

krnic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife is currently in the US and has the unlimited talk, text +250MB data add on. She can receive my texts and phone me but can not send texts to anyone. She has a Samsung Galaxy A5. What are some possible solutions.

15 REPLIES 15

krnic

She's tried AT&T and T-Mobile. She used it last year the same way she is now and it worked fine. Still not working.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@krnic wrote:

My wife is currently in the US and has the unlimited talk, text +250MB data add on. She can receive my texts and phone me but can not send texts to anyone. She has a Samsung Galaxy A5. What are some possible solutions.

Hi  @krnic, It is free for her to receive texts.

If she can make outgoing calls but cannot send texts, there are possibly 2 reasons.

1. Double check the Add-Ons via her Self-Serve account to make sure the US Roaming Add-on is active and includes texting.

2. When sending texts, ask her to try manually entering the recipient phone number (preceded with +1 as suggested by @geopublic) instead of using the contact list.

Btw how long ago, on what day was the US Roaming Add-On purchased? Has it been more than 9 days?

@krnic wrote:

Its says "failure to send". Also there is no usage history for outgoing texts, just for the data she's used.

@krnic  That might be an issue with the US provider that she si currently connected to. So might be a good idea to manually switch to the other provider and test. PM has roaming with both T-Mobile and ATT&T so you have the option to switch.

@krnicTell your wife to switch to AT&T reboot the phone and see if it helps.

krnic

Its says "failure to send". Also there is no usage history for outgoing texts, just for the data she's used.

@krnic wrote:

She can receive my texts. SO why can't she send them??

@krnic  Can you provide some more info does she get an error when sending a text? Check you blocked list to make sure it was not accidently added to your list. Also access selfserve and check usage logs to see if any texts are going out on her account.

@krnic wrote:

She is connected T-Mobile and data roaming is on.

@krnic  Does data work?

krnic

She can receive my texts. SO why can't she send them??

krnic

She is connected T-Mobile and data roaming is on.

@krnic wrote:

I have completed the 2 step process and the addon appears in her settings page.

If she goes into settings and networks can she see what network she has connected to?  Also she does have roaming turned on correect.  It is a simple thing that many people don't think of and have it turned off from high charges from previous providers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@krnic wrote:

@krnic  Ok good!

krnic

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@krnic wrote:

Purchasing addons is a two step process were both steps done?  As without completing both steps she would still receive texts (I have heard)

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Good point. @krnic  definetely access selfserve to make sure the US Roaming add-on shows up on your landing page.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@krnic wrote:

Purchasing addons is a two step process were both steps done?  As without completing both steps she would still receive texts (I have heard)

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@krnic wrote:

@krnic  First make sure roaming and data are turned on. Try sending a text by dialing the number directly using +1 in front of it. If it works then change the settings in your contacts to include the +1 in fron of all numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.