cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Fix - Turn off LTE

jannnita
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the US Roaming data add-on on my iPhone 7. It was working for awhile and then it stopped working all of a sudden. I did all the usual fixes (below), but nothing was working. In the end I turned off LTE, so that it was using 3G and it started working again!

Usual Troubleshooting Fixes

1. Make sure roaming is turned on

2. Retart Phone

3. Manually select provider

4. Change APN 

5. Make sure I didn't actually use all the data

6. Make sure I bought the correct US add-on

7. Turn off LTE (My fix)

3 REPLIES 3

delilap04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Something good to know, thanks.

bros3n
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used the US add on twice now. First time everthing worked like a charm. This time. not so much. they are working on getting my texting back up and running and KUDUS to the mod team who is amazingly helpful by the way!!  I wonder if the put it in suspend and then re open it but id had to lose the rest of my phone . lol. i can live without the texting for now I suppose. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jannnita wrote:

I had the US Roaming data add-on on my iPhone 7. It was working for awhile and then it stopped working all of a sudden. I did all the usual fixes (below), but nothing was working. In the end I turned off LTE, so that it was using 3G and it started working again!

Usual Troubleshooting Fixes

1. Make sure roaming is turned on

2. Retart Phone

3. Manually select provider

4. Change APN 

5. Make sure I didn't actually use all the data

6. Make sure I bought the correct US add-on

7. Turn off LTE (My fix)

Good work troubleshooting and getting your own fix:)

FYI:  you may experience some issues when you return with not being able to text.  This is a known glitch in PM's system after using US roaming (although not every user has experienced it).  Normally this will take a few hours to a day to resolve itself.  PM did announce earlier that it was working on permanent fix for this issue, but I'm not sure it has been done to date. 

Just something to keep in mind.

Need Help? Let's chat.