cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Fees to receive phone calls and text

Han_15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is the price that will be charged to me if I am travelling to the US and has the US talk roaming option. 

Will I be charged for receiving a text message?

I can't find this info anywhere somehow

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah incoming texts while roaming in the USA are the 1 exception to the "you get only and exactly what you pay for" rule. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Han_15 wrote:

Thank you!!! This is what I am actually looking for. I wasn't sure whether or not I should purchase the US Talk addon, because I need it mostly to receive phone calls from Canada (maybe US) and I was worried about the surcharges that I would get. I also didn't know about the no-surprise charge thing mentioned above, my old carrier had surprise charges even though it is a prepaid service (overseas company). 

Welcome to Public Mobile where pre-paid means what it says. 🙂

Han_15

@mimmo wrote:

@Han_15 wrote:

What about for Phone calls? Am I going to be charged to receive calls in the states?

Without the USA roaming add-on you will not receive nor make any calls.

Check out this thread re USA roaming half way down

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Thank you!!! This is what I am actually looking for. I wasn't sure whether or not I should purchase the US Talk addon, because I need it mostly to receive phone calls from Canada (maybe US) and I was worried about the surcharges that I would get. I also didn't know about the no-surprise charge thing mentioned above, my old carrier had surprise charges even though it is a prepaid service (overseas company). 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Han_15, take a look at the US roaming add-on options in this page.  Talk only starts at $8 for 10 days.  The most expensive add-on is $20 for talk, text and 250 MB data for 10 days.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/BC/plans

mimmo

@Han_15 wrote:

What about for Phone calls? Am I going to be charged to receive calls in the states?

Without the USA roaming add-on you will not receive nor make any calls.

Check out this thread re USA roaming half way down

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Han_15 wrote:

PRE-paid. No surprise extra charges.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Han_15 wrote:

What is the price that will be charged to me if I am travelling to the US and has the US talk roaming option. 

To have calling data and sending texts while in the US you would need to purchase the US roaming add-on .You would not be charged anything additional as it is a prepaid service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Han_15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Han_15 wrote:

This is a pre-paid service. If you don't pay, you don't get. If you have just the talk only roaming add-on then that's all you can do. There won't be any extra charges either way.

mimmo

You receive texts at no charge with or without a USA roaming plan while  in the usa

Need Help? Let's chat.