cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming (Data)

Beholder52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently went to the US and bought the $20 voice, text and data add-on. Voice and text worked fine while i was there but i was unable to get ANY data. None. It would show as connected to LTE but when i tried to browse it would just spin and I would get no connection. Initially when i landed it was connected to T-Mobile and then it connected to AT&T. Can anyone help with this? I intend to go down there again and want to know if spending money on the data plan will be a waste again.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The US roaming has been a pain in the ass. I hope this gets fixed soon. Makes no sense as it works with Koodo and Telus just fine. 

Ahab

I also am struggling with roaming. 

Had a plan + data top up. Ran out of data. 

Bought more, now it doesn't work.

Bought extra plan just to be sure, still doesn't work. Tried the turn data off and reboot, then turn data on, and didn't work.

Guaranteed have outstanding data, and oddly voice/text works. But no data. WTF this roaming solution feels like the middle ages. 

Also never got a response from PM for the support ticket I filed. 

Churn in 3.... 2..... 1.......

@Beholder52Sometimes if no other issue, disable data and reboot and enable data again few times will pick up again.  It is weird way to fix it.  Assuming all other settings are correct.

Beholder52

Thanks everyone for their replies. I"ll contact a moderator, maybe the outage was it. For sure my data roaming was on at the time as I checked it a few times.

TheOldVR

PM had an outage related to US roaming recently, perhaps you impacted by the same?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Roaming-data-just-stopped/m-p/134209

Yawsug

@Beholder52  I would check to make sure that your Data roaming setting is turned on.  If you are able to call and text this would be my first thing to turn on.  When I was with my previous provider I turned it off so I wouldn't be charged outrageous data roaming fees.

CalvinW

@Beholder52 If your APN settings are correct and your data roaming settings are on, and you still don't get data. You should contact a moderator. You could send them a private message or tag them. 

Here's on how to do so:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Need Help? Let's chat.