cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Data-Add On bug!

dequan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had some issues with US data roaming add-on while I was in the US.

I purchased the bundle package on the day I left Canada for the US. That's the talk+text+data bundle, 250MB for 10 days for $20.

I used up the data quite quickly and got 75% usage and 95% usage text messages.  That was fine.  And I loved the notification!  So I went to the webpage on my phone and topped it up.  I got the 250MB US roaming for $10.

That amount of data was using up quickly too (which was fine), and I got the messages again.  That's all fine.  I did use the data.  But the problem is when I try to top up the second time.

I again went to the webpage on my phone.  But the fonts were small, and I picked 200MB for $10 by mistake.  That turned out to be 200MB Canada data, not roaming data.

I was driving and used up the remaining roaming data in the middle of nowhere.  I had to find a hotel, asked for the wifi access, and logged in.  That was when I realized I purchased the wrong add-on.  At first I thought it was my mistake.  But it was actually a bug on the public mobile web page!

There was no 250MB US romaing data for $10 option anymore!  It was not available to me.  I could only choose to add 500MB or 1GB of add-on.  That was my last day of my trip, and I was forced to buy 500MB of data!  WHY?  Anyway, I needed data, so I purchased the 500MB for $15 option.

After I came back to Canada, I went to the web page again.  Guess what?  The 500MB US data add-on option was also taken off.  If I needed to buy more US roaming data, the only option available to me is the 1GB for $20 option!! What the heck?

So I bought the Canada data add-on by mistake (I would say partially my thought, because I didn't read it carefully, but I didn't think the 250MB US roaming data would be UNAVAILABLE to me!) and then I was forced to buy 500MB of US roaming.

What I needed and should have got:

Bundle: $20

250MB roaming: $10

What I ended up getting:

Bundle: $20

200MB (Canada): $10

500MB roaming: $15 

This is not cool.

Derek

Toronto, Canada

(Attaching a screen shot of my "Add-on" page.  Notice there is only the 1GB US roaming available to choose!)

public_mobile_roaming_bug.png

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, the US Roaming addons are all purchase now, and they are available until they run out, OR 10 Days.

In the case of the running out of data before 10 days, you still can not add the same addon until the 11th day.  I too think this is poorly implimented, and it should be allowed to readd without the 10 day restriction.

The 10 days are listed on the addon section, when viewing the PLANS tab from the top of the Community forum page.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @dequan,

Sorry you had to find out the hard way on the way the roaming data add-ons works. Unfortunately, by desgin, the way the roaming add-ons works is that once the add-on is purchased, the option will disappear...the only way to be able to purchase the same add-on package is by sending a message to the Moderators. And I do agree with you that this is not how it should work.

I believe Public Mobile is aware of this "bug" and hope they do address in in the near future to avoid others going through the same ordeal.

With regards to the unintentional 200MB of Canada data add-on that you purchased, I would suggest you to send a message to the Moderators explaining your situation and they should be hopefully be able to provide you with a refund. Here is the link to send them a message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.