cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Bundle Rarely Works.

akhayes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I travel to the US quite often - when I go down, the data and cell phone service either works sporadically or not at all. I have put quite a bit of money into the roaming packages, and if the service doesn't improve, I am going to have to switch services (I need my phone for work while I am away).

Has anyone else experienced this?

8 REPLIES 8

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
My mother traveled to NY state earlier today and I added the US talk roaming package for her. I was a bit worried she might have issues as she is not tech savvy at all. I thought maybe she would have to run into some configuration issues. Fortunately, it seems to have worked without an issue. She was able to call me quite soon after crossing the border. So far, so good.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@scotsmandc wrote:

I recently travelled through California. I was in LA, Palm Springs, and San Fran. 90% of the time I was on T-MOBILE. Whenever I switched to at&t the reception I found was poor. I thought at&t would be the better one. I think we're spoiled in Canada reception wise with the big 3. In the states, it really depends where you are. 

Oh wow, that is strange. I've almost always found AT&T to have better reception where ever I have travelled in the States. 

scotsmandc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently travelled through California. I was in LA, Palm Springs, and San Fran. 90% of the time I was on T-MOBILE. Whenever I switched to at&t the reception I found was poor. I thought at&t would be the better one. I think we're spoiled in Canada reception wise with the big 3. In the states, it really depends where you are. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I've only had to use the add-on once but I had no problems and it worked great I did have the receiving text messages error when I got back but I was able to message the moderators and it was fixed within 2 minutes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah I personally and my PM customer travel companion have used the LD add-ons probably....  4 or 5 times now without issue.  The only trouble I/we have is the US Roaming Texting expiry bug, but it self-resolves in 12-24 hours or you can PM the moderator team to fix it quicker.  Never had an issue while in the US [edit: that I can think of].

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I recently used US roaming add-ons (calling only, then data only) in Ft. Lauderdale and San Diego with no problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@akhayes as @nishufan alluded to, PM partners with both AT&T and T-Mobile to provide the US Roaming add-on services.  Most areas of the US have coverage with both, but may vary in amount and quality of coverage.  You could try swtiching between the two by going into your phone's settings and changing from automatic network selection to manual.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's common issues.  You can manually switch the carrier when you in US. It works for me sometimes.

Need Help? Let's chat.