cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Any thought of a 1-3 day plan option?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Taking a one day trip to the USA. I appreciate that PM recently added US roaming but any thought to adding a shorter 1-3 day roaming? Seems a shame to spend $20 for literally less than 24 hours (as I need the talk/text/data).

8 REPLIES 8

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In order to offer split or non-expiring roaming, the price point would need to be much higher.  Perhaps so much so that it would only be attrctive to very few.

brainfreze
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would love to see split travel plans as well, but considering the alternatives this is unfortunately the best PubMo has to offer (for now) 🙂

smp99

Look at from an annual basis - your overall credit card bill to PM is probably less than if you went with another providor with cheaper roaming.

10 days keeps it simple. 

GreatCanadian

For 1 or 2 day trips, Roam Mobility is a good option. 6 bucks for unlimited data, texting, and calls within US and to Canada. 6 bucks a day. Or cheaper if you opt for no data.

GC

koimr1

@torontokriswrote:

Taking a one day trip to the USA. I appreciate that PM recently added US roaming but any thought to adding a shorter 1-3 day roaming? Seems a shame to spend $20 for literally less than 24 hours (as I need the talk/text/data).

I agree - I do a lot of weekend trips down there and although I don't need this myself I can see a shorter and cheaper term being very useful for others.

Just moved a line to Koodo and it's really not much better - two days is already $14 with them and comes out of your Canadian limits.

$10 for three days would sound reasonable to me. Doubt we'll ever see that from anyone. 😞

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13amwrote:

It does seem like a waste paying for 10 days and only using 3 or 1/3 of the duration.  But you have to take an alternate perspective and see that it is still a pretty good proposition.  Had you gone over to Koodo, you would burn $7 per day.  After day 3, you are ahead with what this service offers.  I haven't been in the US for a while, but I used to use the T-Mo pay by day option which was $3US per day.  This pricing beats T-Mo except for really short trips.  In the grand scheme of things, the $20 for the add-on is probably an immeasurable cost in the overall trip.  Go and enjoy yourself and don't worry about leaving a few bucks on the table.  

Yes I used to think the 10 day plans were too long/ a bit of a waste for short trips to USA but when you consider the price point - it only takes a few days before PMs plan is cheaper.

as @will13am notes, Koodo postpaid charges $7/day and you use up your own plan, even Koodo pre-paid are more ($5 for 250 texts, $5/25 min, & if you can believe $5 for 50MB data.

I was looking at this when deciding about switching to Koodo's migration offer and considered PM's plan to be cost-effective (except for like 1 - 2-day trips). 

But I agree a short 3-day version would be nice too.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It does seem like a waste paying for 10 days and only using 3 or 1/3 of the duration.  But you have to take an alternate perspective and see that it is still a pretty good proposition.  Had you gone over to Koodo, you would burn $7 per day.  After day 3, you are ahead with what this service offers.  I haven't been in the US for a while, but I used to use the T-Mo pay by day option which was $3US per day.  This pricing beats T-Mo except for really short trips.  In the grand scheme of things, the $20 for the add-on is probably an immeasurable cost in the overall trip.  Go and enjoy yourself and don't worry about leaving a few bucks on the table.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It's been a while since it was launched, and we asked for that several times. I don't think they are planning to offer US add-ons for less than 10 days anytime soon. 

Need Help? Let's chat.