cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Add-on - Data Working But Not Text or Talk

karabeara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased an US roaming add-on ($20 for 250mb, unlim text/talk for 10 days) yesterday; however, now that I am in the US, only the data part of the add-on seems to be working. I am basing this on that it says I have used ~3mb of the data add-on, but cannot send texts or make calls (I can receive texts and received calls). I have tried rebooting my device, switching between T-mobile and AT&T manually, and the lost/stolen phone trick, but nothing appears to work. I have verified that I purchase the correct add on and this is what it says on my add-ons page:

My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 4.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
$40 per 30 Days

My Add-ons
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

Anyone have any other suggestions other than discussing with mods?

5 REPLIES 5

karabeara

That makes sense to me, as I should not pay for a service that does not work. Thank you for pointing that out. 

@karabeara wrote:

Thanks to both of you for the quick reply. I suppose I will wait for it to resolve.

If the issue persists I would be looking for some sort of compensation like a credit for the add-on you purchased to go into your Available Funds for your next renewal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

karabeara

Thanks to both of you for the quick reply. I suppose I will wait for it to resolve.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@karabeara wrote:

I purchased an US roaming add-on ($20 for 250mb, unlim text/talk for 10 days) yesterday; however, now that I am in the US, only the data part of the add-on seems to be working. I am basing this on that it says I have used ~3mb of the data add-on, but cannot send texts or make calls (I can receive texts and received calls). I have tried rebooting my device, switching between T-mobile and AT&T manually, and the lost/stolen phone trick, but nothing appears to work. I have verified that I purchase the correct add on and this is what it says on my add-ons page:

My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 4.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
$40 per 30 Days

My Add-ons
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

Anyone have any other suggestions other than discussing with mods?

@karabeara here is the response I got from PM when I posed the question to them earlier today.  I was hoping that they would have made a public announcement.

@Tiana_V wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Tiana_V, over the last couple of days there has been a large number of community members coming on here stating that they are not able to use the calling or texting features of the US roaming addons.  The data seems to be working but does PM know what the issue could be with the calling and texting features on this Addon

Thanks for highlighting this issue! Our team has already identified it and is currently investigating. I will be providing updates as necessary. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@karabeara 

Several other members have had the same issue the last couple of days.  Looks like a system issue.  You need to contact moderator to fix the issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.