cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Add-Ons Ulimited Tex not showing in My Account under My Data & Add-Ons

tfo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just purchases 2 add ons for upcoming us travel.

1. 1GB of data

2. Unlimited Tex

When checking in My Account under  My Data & Add-Ons. I can only see

US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day)
0  /  1000 MB

Should I see also US Roaming - Unlimited Text?????

Thanks

tfo

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JRW oh good to hear! For future reference, a restart of your phone should be one of the first things you try.  It solves many, many weird issues.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JRW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions. Turned my phone off for the night and am able to send texts this morning..

cheers

JRW

Whenever you want to buy the add on, remember that it's a 2 step process. First you load the $$ to your acct, then go back again and "buy" the actual add on. It's a bit confusing until you get used to how it works. Also remember that your 10 days start immediately...so wise to be strategic in your purchase if you're going to be in USA for a while. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JRW wrote:

@srlawren

I too bought the $8 addon for texting in the US. Was confused with the first page not showing the addon but now see it on the other page ..... problem is , I am unable to send any texts from my phone .... Family is home in Canada and I am south of the border....any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance

JRW

Did you restart the phone?

Did you turn on roaming?

Did you select connecting to T-Mobile or AT&T?

Do you have a talk component in your main plan?

JRW

@srlawren

I too bought the $8 addon for texting in the US. Was confused with the first page not showing the addon but now see it on the other page ..... problem is , I am unable to send any texts from my phone .... Family is home in Canada and I am south of the border....any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance

JRW

srlawren

@tfo wrote:

@srlawren thank you very much. I can see the add-on now.

Thanks to all other with your suggestions as well.

tfo

@tfo excellent--have a great trip!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tfo

@srlawren thank you very much. I can see the add-on now.

Thanks to all other with your suggestions as well.

tfo

srlawren

@tfo the text doesn't show up in that list because it's not a metered (limited) resource like the roaming data is.

Have a look at step 2.3 near the end of my guide here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22... You can see the add-ons by clicking on the Plan and Add-ons tab, and then the Plan sub-tab (though I think it's the default for Plan and Add-ons tab).

@tfo Before contacting the moderators login to your account and see if Available Funds show $8 more than you expect. If so, just buy the add-on again and it will use those funds. If not, then you need moderator assistance.

BTW: remember the 10 day countdown for US Roaming add-ons begins the moment the you activate. It does not wait until you are in the USA.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tfo

Thanks All.

I purchased data for $20 and text for $8. I saw $31.64 charged to my credit card so I know that I paid for both.

Not sure why only data shows up in my Add-Ons.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tfo if your account has been charged for addon you purchased, 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that for you.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

joesugarman27

Go under payment history and see how much you were charged, If you forgot to add text, just buy it again. If it did charge you for text, Contact the Mods!

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is it possible you forgot to add the unlimited text when you purchased the 1gb of data add-on?

Need Help? Let's chat.