cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Add-On

CupOfJoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I understand that with roaming, while I'm in US, I can call/text my Canadian as well as US contacts. I'm wondering:

1) Can my Canadian contacts call/text me?

2) Can local US contacts call/text me, even though I still have my Canadian phone number?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CupOfJoe okay just to be clear, when you say:

@CupOfJoe wrote:

I understand that with roaming, while I'm in US, I can call/text my Canadian as well as US contacts. 

I hope you know that you will need US Roaming Talk and US Roaming Texting add-ons to do these things.  There is one exception which is you can receive Text messages while in the USA without any add-on(s), but you will not be able to respond or send any texts without the appropriate add-on.

@CupOfJoe wrote:

I'm wondering:

2) Can local US contacts call/text me, even though I still have my Canadian phone number?

Thanks in advance.

For both #1 and #2 the answer is:  you can receive texts from anywhere while in the USA without needing to buy anything.  To receive calls--whether they are from US people/businesses, or Canadians travelling with you--you will need a US Roaming Talk add-on.  Whether or not the Canadian travelling with you can text or call you (and at what cost) depends on their own mobile providers(s) and whatever roaming option(s) are offered by those provider(s).

I strongly recommend that you check out this knowledge base article on US Roaming:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Yes, as long as the roaming package you get includes call and text.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CupOfJoe wrote:

I understand that with roaming, while I'm in US, I can call/text my Canadian as well as US contacts. I'm wondering:

Thanks in advance.

1.  Yes, no additional charge as if you are in at home in Canada.

2.  Yes as usual and paying the same charge to reach you.

Need Help? Let's chat.