US ROAMING

Tee1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much are my roaming fee in America?

11 REPLIES 11

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tee1 wrote:

The plan I have now includes us talk and international txt. Does that mean I would only need to purchase data?

When you are in Canada you are using Public Mobile's Network. When you are in another country it's called 'Roaming' so Almost always with almost every Provider in the world designs the plan features to work on there own Native home Network unless they specifically mention Roaming is included in a certain country. So never assume Roaming is included in Plans and this applies to almost all plans with almost all providers around the world. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tee1 wrote:

There are no Roaming Fees or any sort of Pay per use Charges on Public Mobile. If something is not part of your plan or an add on you have purchased it simply just doesn't work. 

Tee1

Thank you

Tee1

Thanks this was helpful

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tee1 wrote:

My plan includes US talk and international txt. Doesn this mean I only need to purchase data?

If you're on the $50 plan, then no, you will have to purchase a US roaming for talk, text or data if you want those services in the US.

@Tee1 

No, the US Talk and internation text is only valid when you are in Canada.  The only plan that contains the US roaming is the $60 plan as described above.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/60for10GB-3Gspeed

Tee1

My plan includes US talk and international txt. Doesn this mean I only need to purchase data?

Tee1

The plan I have now includes us talk and international txt. Does that mean I would only need to purchase data?

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is also a $60 plan that is available that includes USA roaming and calling to/from the USA.  That plan also has 2gb data to use while in the USA

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Tee1 wrote:

There are no "roaming fees". If you go to US..the phone will just stop working.

You can buy a 10 Day US Roaming add-on for $20..talk/text/250mb data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tee1 

You will have to buy a roaming package for the US.  

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.