cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Phone and data did not work

Mccjoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

US phone and data add ons did not work while in US. 
My first purchase worked for 10 days. The second purchase of phone and 1 GB data didn’t work at all.

18 REPLIES 18

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to hear that issue is resolved and you got your credit. 

We learnt again that 24 hour between add-on purchase is still a real thing.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Mccjoe wrote:

I received a credit back to acct and mentioned there may be an issue with the 24 hour

Thank you for feedback! Most people just run away after their issue is resolved.

@Mccjoe 

Thanks for reporting that back to us so we can warn potential purchasers of US roaming add ons. That helps us a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mccjoe : Nice work on pushing on that. The roaming add-ons have been a bit quirky for as long I've been here. It would be nice if the system blocked buying talk or text add-ons while one was still active. It would be nice if the system allowed re-purchasing add-ons exactly 240 hours after purchase.

A while ago they did fix an issue with texts upon returning home.

Mccjoe

I received a credit back to acct and mentioned there may be an issue with the 24 hour window and that others had reported the same issue when purchasing Add on for US plans. I requested that a ticket be created to investigate further. I would like to thank everyone for the help today. Greatly appreciated!!

@Mccjoe 

It would great if you report back the reason for the second purchased 10 day US roaming package not working as this issue has cropped up a few times recently and may be a new glitch on the timing of purchasing the same package a second time. Normally a customer must wait at least 24 hours after a roaming add on has been expired for the same add on to be display in your plans and add ons page to be purchased again. If it is appearing before that 24 hours has past that may explain why it does not work when you do purchase it.

Explain this to the CSA and ask for a tech team ticket to be opened if the CSA's are unaware of this possible glitch. Asking for a credit to your account of the roaming add on that did not work should be granted without a problem.

Mccjoe

Thankyou. I have sent a message to CS. I appreciate the detail response 

Mccjoe

Thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mccjoe wrote:

Thanks. I believe I purchased after the first 10 day package expired. I’m back in Canada now but would like to try to get a credit if possible. Just unsure how to do that.

@Mccjoe   Use the private message link that @t_p posted, it's much less stressful than trying with the chatbot.  

Mccjoe

Thanks. I believe I purchased after the first 10 day package expired. I’m back in Canada now but would like to try to get a credit if possible. Just unsure how to do that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mccjoe wrote:

Yes payment was processed and add ons were displayed. If CS is the Simon bot, I got nowhere with him. 

@Mccjoe 

you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Mccjoe wrote:

Yes payment was processed and add ons were displayed. If CS is the Simon bot, I got nowhere with him. 

@Mccjoe Try the links I posted above.

Mccjoe

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mccjoe wrote:

My first purchase worked for 10 days. The second purchase of phone and 1 GB data didn’t work at all.

@Mccjoe    Did you wait until the first roaming add-on expired before purchasing the second one.  My understanding is that you may have to wait an hour or so after the first add-on expires if you're re-purchasing the same roaming add-on or another add-on with talk component (if your first add-on also inc. talk) in it which causes some conflict unfortunately.

If you're still in the US then customer support should be able to get the add-on working for you or give you an account credit if you were not able to make use of the second one and are now back home.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Mccjoe wrote:

@Mccjoe 

Do you see the add-ons in your plan details? Does transaction history show the payment was processed?

If your account shows a balance, you may have missed the 2nd step of the purchase.

In case your SIM has not been provisioned after the purchase, you'll need to contact CS for help:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mccjoe 

For second purchase you can after you end the first one, and you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%. and them can Add for you

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mccjoe 

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit US and then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link....

try manually selecting network..

Need Help? Let's chat.