cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US International Data add on issue

Alenaradzevich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I purchased a 10 day 1GB US international add on. I’m in the US and received a text stating that I am at 95% usage. However, while browsing my account, it looks like the data from my add on was not used. Why would this be the case?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alenaradzevich Good that you find out the correct information. Have fun in Alaska!

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alenaradzevich Sometimes apps will run in background even you have not turned on data. Here the advice from moderator:

In order for you to have more control over you data usage, we recommend turning off data when is not needed. Also disabling Wi-Fi assist (for iPhone) or Smart network switch (for Android) to avoid the phone connects and jumps automatically from Wi-Fi to data. 

It is also recommended to restrict background data to avoid that applications connect automatically to your data and make small updates as soon as you turn it on.  

You may consider monitoring your data from the setting of your phone if you have an android (settings-data- set data limit – enter your billing cycle- your data allotment so the phones gives you a breakdown per app) .

You may also consider getting a third party application that will give you a breakdown of the usage per app, so you know what application is using your data or if it is the operating system of your phone. 

Alenaradzevich

I figured it out! I was getting confused with my own data usage versus the add on usage. 

Alenaradzevich

I purchased this add on: US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day). I’m in Alaska. Not too close to the border. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Alenaradzevich if there is none showing it means you used it all up

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Alenaradzevich hi are you saying you still have the full amount still showing?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@AlenaradzevichWould you be able to post a screen shot? Which addon(s) did you buy? There is no single one that allows texts AND 1GB of data. Are you close to the border?

Need Help? Let's chat.