cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Roaming Add-On

elle-so
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I was wondering how the US Data Roaming Add-On works. Currently, I have $0 available funds  on my account. How do I add funds, and what is the "two-step" process like?

I am traveling to the states in November, and would like to know how to activate the US roaming add-on at that time. Thanks in advance! 

6 REPLIES 6

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Dumb question, how do you call the toll free number when you don't have a US add-on already purchased?

@will13am no dumb questions.  

It must be a special 1800 number (i believe it is 18004public) . Dialing 611 in USA  does not work so PM needed some way to have people call and activate teh addon packages.    In the KB about the USA addons it discussed the number and also that 611 was "coming soon"

Have a good trip down south.  Don't do anything that the Donald won't approve of.  You don't want to be deported, lol.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Dumb question, how do you call the toll free number when you don't have a US add-on already purchased?

@will13am no dumb questions.  

It must be a special 1800 number (i believe it is 18004public) . Dialing 611 in USA  does not work so PM needed some way to have people call and activate teh addon packages.    In the KB about the USA addons it discussed the number and also that 611 was "coming soon"

@mimmo wrote:

@elle-so  I am curretly in the usa.  what i did before i left canada was to add funds equal to the addon i wanted.  

when i arrived in the usa i called the 1800 number for public (611 doesnt work) and activated teh addon via the phone. it was easy and worked like a charm.

going to activate my wife on a talk only plan tomorrow  that way we overlap a couple days of our 14 day trip and maximize the addon usage.

ALso if you want to to avoid the two step purcahse just add funds before adding the addon.  that way there is no confusion.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@elle-so  I am curretly in the usa.  what i did before i left canada was to add funds equal to the addon i wanted.  

when i arrived in the usa i called the 1800 number for public (611 doesnt work) and activated teh addon via the phone. it was easy and worked like a charm.

going to activate my wife on a talk only plan tomorrow  that way we overlap a couple days of our 14 day trip and maximize the addon usage.

ALso if you want to to avoid the two step purcahse just add funds before adding the addon.  that way there is no confusion.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@elle-so Just be careful you don't "buy" it the second time until you want it to start. US add-ons last 10 days from the date of activation. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The two step process that is well discussed has to do with a continuity issue with the entire process.  When you go select an add-on and try to apply it, it leads to funds being taken from the credit card on record and then the process interrupts.  You have to back track and redo the add-on selection again and the purchase is completed using the funds in the account.  As clunky as it sounds, it's not that bad.  If you see funds in the account, keep at it until the funds no longer appear and the add-on shows up.

Need Help? Let's chat.