cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Add On

beebo305
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I want to purchase the 10 days US data roaming add-on, I will only be in the state for 3 days, wondering will the unused roaming data be carry over as regular data (understand is only good for 10 days)

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@imm1304 Have just seen some doubt about the data add-on usage once bak in Canada: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/US-roaming/m-p/175311

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

beebo305
Thanks Shawn too bad I leaving for Vegas Tmr I guess I will order it for my next trip
Thanks

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@beebo305 wrote:

Thanks @shawnie_boy that seem to be a better option, by any chance do you know if i can get the Freedompop here in Canada?  Or i will need to purchase it when i am in the state?  Thanks 🙂

You can ship them to a mymallbox in Delaware and have them ship it to you. Each sim is $0.99 cents and mymallbox charges a couple bucks to ship to you (can consolodate a bunch of sims in one shipment), but you can search for promo codes when you sign up to get free money in your account. 

beebo305

Thanks @shawnie_boy that seem to be a better option, by any chance do you know if i can get the Freedompop here in Canada?  Or i will need to purchase it when i am in the state?  Thanks 🙂

beebo305

Thanks @imm1304 for the information 🙂

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Suggest getting some freedompop sims. You can roam for free in USA, each card providing 700mb per month. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @beebo305!

Its use it or lose it.  The US roaming data add-on will expire in 10 days and there will be no carry-over of unused data.

A lot of people, including my family members, had difficulty buying the add-ons.  Its a bit confusing.  If you already have a balance in your account to pay for the add-on then it goes fine.

But, like most people, if you don't have extra money sitting in your PM account, the add-on page will direct you to make a payment.  After you make a payment, most people assume that they are done.  But thats not the case.  The money you topped up just sits as "Available funds" in your account.  You need to go back to the add-on page and buy the add-on you wanted.  Hope this helps.  

Need Help? Let's chat.