cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Coverage

stevo99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a US add on including data. However coverage was almost nonexistent in the Detroit area. Couldn’t get mail or use google maps which is why I got the plan. How do I get a refund of the $20 I spent on a no-data data plan?

6 REPLIES 6

durbanad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cool - good to hear. I'll try that next time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@durbanad wrote:

I used on Oregan last week using the data bundle and the coverage was very very bad. Basically non-existent. 

It can depend a lot on which network your phone latched on to. Sometimes they don't auto-switch to a better signal.

So then one would need to manually scan for and connect to the other network. There're only two...T-Mobile and AT&T.

durbanad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used on Oregan last week using the data bundle and the coverage was very very bad. Basically non-existent. 

jluong9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Usually the plans are non refundable. But try talking to a moderator here and see if they could help you out in anyway. 

Coverage in the US is a hit or miss mostly. I found that in bigger cities the coverage was great. However, the further away you get the weaker the service got. Usually AT&T and T-mobile are the carriers you want to manually select in order to get good reception/ service.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@stevo99 wrote:

I bought a US add on including data. However coverage was almost nonexistent in the Detroit area. Couldn’t get mail or use google maps which is why I got the plan. How do I get a refund of the $20 I spent on a no-data data plan?

@stevo99  PM US Roaming add-ons work with AT&T and T-Mobile anf the coverage within the Detroit area should be very good. What type of phone were you using? To ask for a credit you need to contact the PM moderator team.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Usually there are no refunds as PM is prepaid.  You could try submitting a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.  Did you purchase and add the US roaming ?  

There should be good coverage as PM uses T-mobile and AT&T.

Here is the coverage map for T-Mobile.

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map?icid=WMM_TM_P_19NETWORK_Q2EIOTKP0S8NTPUM18175

Need Help? Let's chat.