cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add-on

brosimpson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've purchase the US Add-on talk/text/data before entering the US. When I arrived in the US I wasn't able to use the phone because I had no service. I spent money for service I never received. 

Needless to say how inconvenient it was not able to make a phone call.

What went wrong? 

7 REPLIES 7

jluong9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I found service in the US a hit or miss at times. When I was in the larger cities I would be able to get service. However, once I started to go into the rural or country areas that was when my service would come and go.

I found that manually selecting a carrier either T-Mobile or AT&T worked best for me. Just make sure you have your roaming enabled. Worst comes to worst you have to reset your network settings and it should work after.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there, @brosimpson!

If you already tried the solutions provided in the comments and the issue still persist, please submit a ticked via SIMon and one of our colleagues will help you out as soon as possible! 

The moderators might need to take a look into your account to see what happened.

Until then, I wish you all an excellent day and thank you for your help! You're doing an amazing job! ^_^

Ella PM Mod Team

@computergeek541 wrote:

@brosimpson - Whatever you do, please do not post the information requested by the moderator here. Anything you post here can be seen by anyone with an internet connection.  Please only send the information by private message to Moderator_Team.

@CS_Agent  Please pay special attention to if messages are being posted in the Community forum or privately.  I suspect that these messages were intended to be sent to the customer privately, and what's verly likely to happen is that the customer will click on reply and post all their private information for all to see. This has already happened at least once earlier today.

My question is how are these Moderators being trained and what kind of test are they passing?

I'm pretty sure in order to become a certified truck driver, I don't start off with a VR driving game and then get handed the keys to a 18-wheeler for a cross Canada long-haul. Chances are I won't get far without causing significant damage.

@brosimpson - Whatever you do, please do not post the information requested by the moderator here. Anything you post here can be seen by anyone with an internet connection.  Please only send the information by private message to Moderator_Team.

@CS_Agent  Please pay special attention to if messages are being posted in the Community forum or privately.  I suspect that these messages were intended to be sent to the customer privately, and what's verly likely to happen is that the customer will click on reply and post all their private information for all to see. This has already happened at least once earlier today.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@brosimpson wrote:

I've purchase the US Add-on talk/text/data before entering the US. When I arrived in the US I wasn't able to use the phone because I had no service. I spent money for service I never received. 

What went wrong? 

When you want the 10 Day US Roaming add-on, your first load $$ to Available Funds, then go back and actually buy the add-on. If you missed step 2, the $$ in probably still in Available Funds.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brosimpson wrote:

What went wrong? 

Did you enable both your data and roaming on your phone?  Also try rebooting your phone.

Does the add-on appear in your account's overview page?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you enable roaming on your phone?

Sometimes you have to select the provider manually, you usually have c choice between att and something else i forgot which one it is.

If you didn't use any you could contact moderators and let them know it didn't work and asked for reimbursement

Need Help? Let's chat.