cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add-on

Monty2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be in the US soon. I am looking at the add-ons and have some questions.

1) Their is a lot on emphasis on having the money in your accout for the add-ons before purchasing as once the add-ons have been ordered the amount will be deducted immediately. My question is.... If I pay by visa how do I add money to the account? I would have assumed that it would just bill my visa. Is this correct?

2) The add-ons for US Roaming will last a maxiumum of 10 days. Can I specify what day the add-on will start or does it start once I put the request in?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

@hairbag1 wrote:

Once you're in US, you can find a wifi spot then "buy" the 10 Day US Roaming add-on of your choice. Walmart usually has free wifi as does most cafe's, bars and airports.

With money previously added to your account balance, you can also dial *611, 611, or 1-855-4PUBLIC while in the USA to purchase & activate the 10-day add-on. This will maximize the 'active' time of the add-on, to the same time of day 240 hours later (10x24 hours).

Otherwise if you will be in the USA for less than 10 days, its easiest to activate it prior to departure.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Monty2016 wrote:

My question is.... If I pay by visa how do I add money to the account? I would have assumed that it would just bill my visa. Is this correct?

@Monty2016 note that @Triguy gave you the official guide from Public Mobile.  I've also done my own illustrated guide if that helps:  HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

@Monty2016 wrote:

Can the ussage be tracked so as to know when to top up?

@Monty2016 for the US Roaming Data add-ons, yes, you will see a usage meter on the Overview page in Self-serve, just like you do for plan data or domestic data add-ons.  For the talk and texting US Roaming add-ons, you're on your own basically.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Monty2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can the ussage be tracked so as to know when to top up?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Monty2016 wrote:

I will be in the US soon. I am looking at the add-ons and have some questions.

1) Their is a lot on emphasis on having the money in your accout for the add-ons before purchasing as once the add-ons have been ordered the amount will be deducted immediately. My question is.... If I pay by visa how do I add money to the account? I would have assumed that it would just bill my visa. Is this correct?

2) The add-ons for US Roaming will last a maxiumum of 10 days. Can I specify what day the add-on will start or does it start once I put the request in?

Thanks.

Once you're in US, you can find a wifi spot then "buy" the 10 Day US Roaming add-on of your choice. Walmart usually has free wifi as does most cafe's, bars and airports.

dnadolny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you go to self-serve, and click on the "payment" tab, you can do a one-time payment to add money to your account, to ensure your available balance has enough to cover the cost of the add-on.

Once there's enough money in your account, you can then choose the relevant add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Monty2016  when you add funds to your account   your cc is charged immediately , and shows as a balance in the account.

Then, when you need it, you purchase the add on.  It starts immediately    You cannot set a delayed start.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons are prepaid.  The 10 day period starts from date of purchase.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Need Help? Let's chat.