cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add on not recognized even though listed as active on website

NateinTO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a US Talk and Data add-on and it is listed as active on my Public Mobile account page. However, now that I'm in the US, whenever I try to make a call, I get the message: "Your call could not be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming add on. Please contact Public Mobile..." This occurs whether I am using AT&T or T-Mobile

In the past, I've had issues using the data on T-Mobile (only AT&T seems to work), but calls always went through normally on both networks. Now, I can't make any calls on either network.

Jay

70 REPLIES 70

kittychaos

My US phone and text service suddenly started working sometime Saturday afternoon.  Hope everybody else's did too!

md2

Agreed. It's immensely frustrating. I will no longer be using Public Mobile when roaming in the U.S. There is ZERO reliability. When traveling, especially with children, one needs a working phone. Period. This is now day three without a working phone.

NateinTO

@hairbag1 wrote:

@NateinTO wrote:

My first order of business when I get back to Canada is finding a new cellular provider!

There can be "glitches" in the system every once in a while...as you've found out. There does seem to be a problem with the US Roaming Add-ons in the last 24 hours or so. Domestic use doesn't seem to be affected, just the roaming.

I've used the US Roaming in the past and had no problems and I'm sure this glitch is a temporary problem.

I imagine you'll be refunded and made whole, once everything settles out.

All I can suggest at this time is wait it out. If you are in US and need cell service, get a local sim and a cheap plan available at wallyworld. I know it's not what you signed up with PM for though.

I fully accept the presence of "glitches" in the system, but what is driving me away from Public Mobile is the difficulty accessing higher-level help when the problem is a technical or system-wide one that goes beyond what can be fixed with the knowledgable and helpful advice of the Community. 

My first message to the moderators at noon on Wednesday went unanswered and it wasn't untitl I sent a second one on Thursday afternoon that I finally got an aknowledgement of my message. They finally managed to connect me to the system this morning.

@NateinTO wrote:

My first order of business when I get back to Canada is finding a new cellular provider!

There can be "glitches" in the system every once in a while...as you've found out. There does seem to be a problem with the US Roaming Add-ons in the last 24 hours or so. Domestic use doesn't seem to be affected, just the roaming.

I've used the US Roaming in the past and had no problems and I'm sure this glitch is a temporary problem.

I imagine you'll be refunded and made whole, once everything settles out.

All I can suggest at this time is wait it out. If you are in US and need cell service, get a local sim and a cheap plan available at wallyworld. I know it's not what you signed up with PM for though.

NateinTO

NateinTO

Yes, I  tried to reply to the moderator's message as I have replied to other messages in the past. When I click "reply" it simply hangs and freezes and doesn't get to the next screen.

@NateinTO wrote:

I finally heard from MOD, authenticated his e-mail, and now can no longer reply to his PM or even create a new one. What the hell is going on?

@Moderator_Team 

Any moderator available to give @NateinTO a hand.  

@NateinTO is having issue submitting a ticket and had sent a private message also. Please give him some guidance as to correct his US Roaming issue asap.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NateinTO wrote:

I finally heard from MOD, authenticated his e-mail, and now can no longer reply to his PM or even create a new one. What the hell is going on?

This forum is sloooow this afternoon.

Click on the subject of your message to open the message.

Click on the reply button to send a reply that message.

NateinTO

NateinTO

Thanks for your help, I tried in a different browser, still no luck. I already sent another PM, hoping to have some aknowledgement of my problem.

Jay

@popping wrote:

@NateinTO wrote:

And I still get an error message when I try to submit a ticket. 

Any other US travellers successfully making calls yet?

Jay

@NateinTO 

1.  Try a different browser.

2.  Send another private message to

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@CS_Agent 

@NateinTO is having issue submitting a ticket and had sent a private message also.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NateinTO wrote:

Jay

@NateinTO 

1.  Try a different browser.

2.  Send another private message to

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@CS_Agent 

@NateinTO is having issue submitting a ticket and had sent a private message also.

NateinTO

Jay

NateinTO

Lucky you. I still can't make calls, getting the same message that I don't have a plan. I sent a PM to a moderator yesterday and haven't had any response whatsoever. 

Jay

varun_josh

Just got the message from MOD and he said they made some changes in my account and i its working now. I tried calling back Canada and US and its working.

mrzoidberg

It's a technical issue and lots of people are affected, no amount of rebooting your phone will change it. As to whether it will work anytime soon the answer seems to be Maybe. I just point blank asked the mod team how long it would take them to fix the issue and got the response "one to several days." Very reassuring, I know.

Data is working for me so im just trying to lean on that. I am already pressing for refunds just due to the amount of time wasted on this.

@kittychaos wrote:

I have the same problem as well.

Frankly I'm having trouble expressing the level of my frustration with this and the consequences that resulted from not having phone or text service yesterday during my 11 hour drive home for the holiday. 

I've was going to get my husband to switch to PM, but now I'm thinking about going elsewhere myself.  

Will this be resolved before we all have to travel back home??

Log into My Account / Data & Add-ons and confirm that you actually have the 10 Day US Roaming options that you want. Sometimes people don't realise that it's a 2 step process to get the add-on. First load $$ into Available Funds...then actually buy the add-on feature you want.

If you've confirmed that you have done it right, try restarting the phone now that you're in US. You might have to manually select either of T-mobile or AT&T networks...whichever works best where you are.

There's so many complaints about the roaming add-on not working that I wonder if there isn't a PM network issue.

If you have access to wifi, try a free voip app like TextNow. You can call and text for free as long as you have a wifi signal.

kittychaos

I have the same problem as well.

Frankly I'm having trouble expressing the level of my frustration with this and the consequences that resulted from not having phone or text service yesterday during my 11 hour drive home for the holiday. 

I've was going to get my husband to switch to PM, but now I'm thinking about going elsewhere myself.  

Will this be resolved before we all have to travel back home??

md2

It's clear that there is something wrong with the entire system. My phone will not work. I have been back and forth with the moderators and am awaiting a solution. They indicated that an engineer would be looking into it. At least 5 times per year I am having this sort of problem with Public Mobile yet I stick with them for some insane reason. 

Gilnockie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem! Has anyone found a solution? I have rebooted the phone 3 times and checked settings 

NateinTO

I'm still being told that I need to purchase the add-on when I try to make calls.  Given others'  similar experiences it appears to be a system-wide problem. I'd be interested to know if there are people who are able to make calls within the US or if it's across the board.

Jay

mrzoidberg

Agreed. Ive gone back and forth with the mods all day but it's about 2 hours between each of their replies so we're getting nowhere slowly.

ive never tried to add anything but data, which works ok. At this point I'm wondering if going to keep public mobile at all once I get back. I knew there was no direct support but I kinda assumed their online support would actually be able

to fix things in a timely manner, rather than wasting my vacation time with this.

md2

I'm having the same problem. There is clearly something wrong with U.S. Roaming for Public Mobile customers at the moment. I swear, at least 50% of the time we try to use PR in the States there is a problem. While I await a response from the moderator I have no working phone, and I've paid for a plan that I cannot use. Frustrating.

AdrianJB

me too,  I purchased it today, it's on my account but keep getting the message that "Sorry, your current plan does not include..."  my account page shows;

Current Add-Ons
  • US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
  • US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

mrzoidberg

I wish you luck, ive been going back and forth with mods all day and they havent fixed it

cool_tyler

Thanks, I submitted a ticket, hopefully this gets resolved soon.

@cool_tyler 

You may want to contact moderator to check your account. It looks like there might be a system issue with US roaming today...

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

cool_tyler

I just bought the US texting add on and I can't get it working either. It shows up as purchased under my add ons, but whenever I try to text I get a message telling me to purchase and add on. I've restarted my phone and looked at the mobile network settings in my phone to see if anything was set incorrectly.

varun_josh

Did anyone figured out the solution as i am waiting for the reply from MOD's and its already 2 more hours

NateinTO

Even though a test text went through, I just recieved a text message from Public Mobile saying "your current plan does not include US Roaming text messaging. To update your plan..."

NateinTO

Yes, I have the same login error when I tried to submit a ticket.

Jay

Need Help? Let's chat.