cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add on not recognized even though listed as active on website

NateinTO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a US Talk and Data add-on and it is listed as active on my Public Mobile account page. However, now that I'm in the US, whenever I try to make a call, I get the message: "Your call could not be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming add on. Please contact Public Mobile..." This occurs whether I am using AT&T or T-Mobile

In the past, I've had issues using the data on T-Mobile (only AT&T seems to work), but calls always went through normally on both networks. Now, I can't make any calls on either network.

Jay

70 REPLIES 70

NateinTO

When I go through the process of setting up a ticket I get a login error! when it tries to log me in to the commiunity -- I'm currently logged in to the community! Aaargh!

If your last add-on was talk/text and data...try buying just the talk add-on now again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NateinTO wrote:

How do I bring this to the attention of a moderator? I need to get this straightened out as soon as possible.

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.

NateinTO

How do I bring this to the attention of a moderator? I need to get this straightened out as soon as possible.

@NateinTO wrote:

I was in the US 2 weeks ago and used an add on with no problem (now expired). This newest add on was purchased yesterday. My account lists it as active.

If your old plan expired yesterday, you'll have trouble getting the next one going for about 24 hours after the old one expired. Do you know exactly when it expired ?

NateinTO

I was in the US 2 weeks ago and used an add on with no problem (now expired). This newest add on was purchased yesterday. My account lists it as active.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You said you've used the roaming add-on "in the past"...when did the last batch expire ?

NateinTO

I've gone through the usual troubleshooting measures before posting: turing on and off, ensuring that roaming is on (although this should only affect data not my inability to makle calls), and switched between networks. The issue is at the level of Public Mobile which does not recognize that I activated the plan, even though my account page lists the Add-On as "active".

Jay

@NateinTO wrote:

I purchased a US Talk and Data add-on and it is listed as active on my Public Mobile account page. However, now that I'm in the US, whenever I try to make a call, I get the message: "Your call could not be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming add on. Please contact Public Mobile..." This occurs whether I am using AT&T or T-Mobile

In the past, I've had issues using the data on T-Mobile (only AT&T seems to work), but calls always went through normally on both networks. Now, I can't make any calls on either network.

Jay

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@NateinTO wrote:

Jay

Try cycling phone off / on again.

Try manually selecting either of T-mobile or AT&T, whichever works best at the time.

Keep us posted if anything works.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.