cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add-Ons activation

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi All.

It won't be anytime soon but at some point in the future I plan to travel through the US for a bit to go out west. After reading about the various 10 day US Add-Ons I'm sure one of them will suit me fine but I have a question as I didn't see anything about it when going through the community posts.

Will the US Add-On be activated and the ten days start as soon as I make the successful purchase or is there an option to start at a later time (eg a day or two later)?

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Danchvn

@dabr wrote:

@Danchvn wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

you can purchase them by phone while in the USA by calling 18554public you will need to know your pin number though. 

@mimmo Great to know. I will have to write that number down.

@Danchvn   Perhaps it might be easier to just save it in your contact list 😊

@dabr Ya...guess I could do that. 🤔 Would be better than trying to find that scrap of paper when I need it.

@Danchvn wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

you can purchase them by phone while in the USA by calling 18554public you will need to know your pin number though. 

@Danchvn   Perhaps it might be easier to just save it in your contact list 😊

Danchvn

@mimmo wrote:

Danchvn

@Triguy wrote:

Once you purchase the US roaming add-on it will expire 10 days after purchase.

@Triguy Thanks for the info. I suspected that was the case but had some wishful thinking that I would be able to set it up earlier. No biggie I guess as I see there are options how to do it on the road.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Danchvn wrote:

Hi All.

It won't be anytime soon but at some point in the future I plan to travel through the US for a bit to go out west. After reading about the various 10 day US Add-Ons I'm sure one of them will suit me fine but I have a question as I didn't see anything about it when going through the community posts.

Will the US Add-On be activated and the ten days start as soon as I make the successful purchase or is there an option to start at a later time (eg a day or two later)?

Thank you.

You can buy the 10 Day US Roaming add-on while using free wifi in US...such example as Wallmart and most cafes have free wifi today.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Barbie2 wrote:

@mimmo that is very helpful information. Did that come directly from the website or because you are an oracle it is like inside information? 🤷‍♀️ 😸

it is/was stated somewhere and from personal experience. 

@Danchvn if you use 611 from your phone to buy an addon you require your 4 digit pin code to do so.

Barbie2

@mimmo that is very helpful information. Did that come directly from the website or because you are an oracle it is like inside information? 🤷‍♀️ 😸

popping

@mimmo wrote:

@Danchvn 

Make sure that is a valid credit or debit card on file in order to purchase add-on from your phone.  OR

You can also add fund to your account using topup voucher before leaving Canada.

Please note that if you purchase your US add-on at 11pm ET, it will count as 1 day for 1 hour usage.

mimmo

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Danchvn wrote:

Hi All.

Will the US Add-On be activated and the ten days start as soon as I make the successful purchase

@Danchvn  That is correct, the add-on becomes active as soon as your purchase it and the 10 day counter starts.

or is there an option to start at a later time (eg a day or two later)? Unfortunately that option is not available.

Thank you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Once you purchase the US roaming add-on it will expire 10 days after purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.