cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLIMITED TEXT/PIC MESSAGING

The-Mailman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

When I purchased the $15 plan in the fall it didn't include picture messaging, just unlimited text.  Can I change my plan to the $15 one that includes this now?  When I click on change plan I don't see any options to choose it.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

@The-Mailman 

Clear the SMS/MMS text history of the phone (especially if its an older phone) this used to cause this to happen all the time on the old LG phone i had. If you can easily edit the APN  in the settings of the phone make sure that there are no minor mistakes like a missing comma.

1. MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
  2. If your MMSC is correct then add the APN type rather than leaving it blank.
  3. APN type: default,MMS,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun

If you are still having issues sending MMS tell us the make and model of phone you are using.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@The-Mailman, to answer your question. Yes. I was in a similar boat as well as I had a grandfather plan that was worse than the newer plans that they were offering me now.

1. In your account status, click on the 'Change Plan' button
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 11.18.06 PM.png
  2. Reselect your $15 plan and click on the 'Change on Next Renewal Date.' Why? If you change now, you will pay another $15 and lose whatever you have left. So, if you just renewed yesterday, and you click on 'Change Plan Now,' you will have to pay another $15. If money is no object, then go ahead and do just that. I wouldn't though.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 11.19.26 PM.png

@The-Mailman  If you are sending a large file via MMS it might not go out. Try this go into settings apps and select your messaging app. Clear the cache and select force stop. Restart your phone and try sending an MMS.

Hope this helps!

Is it an iPhone or Android? Possibly related to Apple iMessaging problems in an iPhone. Depending who you are trying to send or receive from and how their device is setup creates complications with iPhones sometimes.

AE_Collector

@The-Mailman restart your phone, double tap on the stuck message and see if it gives you the option to resend it. Also, try sending another mms message.

The-Mailman

I checked and data was enabled, but I couldn't google anything.  The APN settings you provided helped with that.  The phone can now receive picture text, but still not send.  It just sits there trying to send.  I'll have to look at it again later as my son wants his phone back.  I'll check in the morning if you reply.

Thanks.

picture texting is MMS as opposed to straight text messaging is SMS. SMS is completely done over the voice network but MMS needs data to deliver the picture. You do not need to have a plan with data. If you aren't on Autopay on the $15 plan you don't use any data on your phone thus it may be turned off or not provisioned properly. If you ARE on Autopay and you DO regularly use your 256Mb of Cell (not wifi) data then picture texting should also be working.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@The-Mailman wrote:

I have no problem with texting, just send picture with texting.

Is your data working?  browse internet?

If not, create a new APN using posts from this thread.

After data is working, then try MMS with picture.

The-Mailman

I have no problem with texting, just send picture with texting.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@The-Mailman hi in order to receive picture messaging you must have data enabled even if you have no data available, that is the only way it will work it has nothing to do with your plan

@The-Mailman  Are you on AutoPay if not, just enable it and you will get 250MB of data. MMS does not use data but data must be enabled on your phone for MMS to work.

Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

@The-Mailman choose one of them and change the APN settings to PM's.  Select that one as your default one. You can delete the other 2.Enable data and restart your phone. Turn it off wait 30 seconds and restart it. Try sending an mms text message.

The-Mailman

I have several APNs on my phone, Clearnet, Koodo, and Telus ISP.  It was originally with Koodo.  The first two have some of the settings you've shown, but not all.  The Telus one only has a few of the settings defined.

The-Mailman

When I look at my plan details it only says unlimited text.  When I try to send a picture I can attach the file but it never sends.  It just sits there with a busy icon.

There WAS a previous version of the $15 plan that had just 100 total voice minutes covering incoming and outgoing calling. This was in the approximate Mar-April timeframe last year. But I don't recall anything about it not supporting MMS texting. I too suspect settings in your phone.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You may already have it @The-Mailman ,  try enabling data on your phone and sending a mms (picture) text. If this doesnt work check your APN settings. These are PM's. 

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@The-Mailman wrote:

When I purchased the $15 plan in the fall it didn't include picture messaging, just unlimited text.  Can I change my plan to the $15 one that includes this now?  When I click on change plan I don't see any options to choose it.

Thanks

Yes, if your current $15 plan does not support MMS(i.e. picture text message), you can change to the current $15 on your next renewal date.  Please note that if you change it immediately.  There is no refund of the unused days of the current cycle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@The-Mailman wrote:

Thanks

You can picture message with the current $15 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.