BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My $15 plan is as cut and pasted below. 

• 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk
  • UNLIMITEDIncoming calls
  • UNLIMITEDInternational Textand Picture Messaging
  • + BONUS 250 MBData⁴at 3G speed with AutoPay
  • VOICEMAIL& Call Display

Does UNLIMITED Incoming calls mean that voice minutes are not used up if I receive a call from an another cell or landline phone?

36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manouch 

You're understandably full of hostility so all I'll say is that apparently the plan is working now or we would have a bunch of people coming in here saying the same problem. We have some other renewal problems seemingly happening right now but not the $15 plan change over.

I'm done.

Contact the moderators and see what they have to say.

manouch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are playing with words friend, when you log on to your account and you want to change the plan you see the promotions right.

There it is written unlimited incoming I switched there and it says that on the renewal date you plan will be 15$ including the entire new features.

However, PM disconnected my plan as they said you used all the minutes this is false advertisement by PM, no matter when I changed my plan.

I am not playing with dates as I saw the advertising that the incoming calls are unlimited.

Therefore, why I have to explain to you when I switched my account it was enough clear that this is a promotional plan.

I ask all the customers to make a claim against public for putting false advertising on their website and the reason is that by this false advertising they oblige you to pay for Add-ons and pay more!

xburg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi i have been useing the unlimited talk and text and voice male for 25$ and just made a payment lastnight night to find out i cant call out or text is anyone else haveing this issue

xburg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi i have been useing the unlimited talk and text and voice male for 25$ and just made a payment lastnight night to find out i cant call out or text is anyone else haveing this issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manouch 

I'm trying to nail down the timeline. I'm not defending PM. I shake my head far too many times for my liking at the endless troubles they've been having for a couple months now. And voice my displeasure on occassion. But I'm just another customer.

So your plan ended on April 27 and you had chosen to switch it to the $15 plan. Correct? Or is it that you signed up as a new activation on April 27th and chose the $15 plan? And at that time you saw the unlimited incoming which is what attracted you to the plan. Correct?

manouch

Yes it was clearly written that the UNLIMITTED incoming that is why I changed!

I believe you are someone from PM that trying to repeat the things here when I say it was written and that’s why I switched to this plan it mean it was there and this not my problem if their system was ready or not they have to reactivate my plate without payment.

Is it enough clear for you my explanation or you want again to defend PM!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manouch wrote:

The plan advertised as UNLIMITED INCOMING CALLS so if the version was not right or PM was not able to provide it when I switched and it written on the plan details that it is unlimited PM has to reactivate my plan. It is their problem not my problem I paid for the unlimited so if they cannot renew their system version this is their problem not me.

So, you're saying that you saw it saying unlimited incoming on or before the 27th? It was 3 days later that somebody noticed it had changed from the original version of the plan. People notice things around here...it wasn't until the 30th that it was seen.

There was an original version of the "same" plan that didn't have unlimited incoming. The new version mentioned the unlimited on confirming the selection but then that mention dropped (but the feature worked). But now the mention is there as of the 14th.

I would maintain that you're on the original version and that you need to change the plan to the new version.

manouch

The plan advertised as UNLIMITED INCOMING CALLS so if the version was not right or PM was not able to provide it when I switched and it written on the plan details that it is unlimited PM has to reactivate my plan. It is their problem not my problem I paid for the unlimited so if they cannot renew their system version this is their problem not me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manouch wrote:

This problem it is not solved yet and for me and my wife which we switched the plan to 15$ on April 27 it is still using the minutes for incoming calls and this means that even PM is aware of the problem, and the moderator just giving the same reply to everybody that you have to switch again but when you switch even now you see the same plan details and incoming calls are not unlimited.

This a serious problem with PM and they do not want to accept their system mistake instead they are wasting people time by giving the same answer that you have to renew your plan again to take effect.

So you're in a very tight timeline here. The new version of the $15 plan was noticed around Apr 30. There's a possibility that you are still on the original version of the plan. Plans don't automatically upgrade to an improvement on the same plan. You need to actually change over to the newer version.

I've seen screen shots of the fixed text identifying the unlimited incoming. But even without seeing the fixed text, you needed to change over to the new version. You can set it up for your next renewal. You don't *have* to do it now. (unless you want the unlimited incoming where you would lose what you paid at the end of April)

manouch

This problem it is not solved yet and for me and my wife which we switched the plan to 15$ on April 27 it is still using the minutes for incoming calls and this means that even PM is aware of the problem, and the moderator just giving the same reply to everybody that you have to switch again but when you switch even now you see the same plan details and incoming calls are not unlimited.

This a serious problem with PM and they do not want to accept their system mistake instead they are wasting people time by giving the same answer that you have to renew your plan again to take effect.

BEER

@LovesToPM wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Does UNLIMITED Incoming calls mean that voice minutes are not used up if I receive a call from an another cell or landline phone?

Yes that is exactly what it means.

Just to make sure  --- are all incoming local and long distance calls free regardless if they are from another cell or landline?

Yes

Sory for yet another question -- Cut and pasting from my account page - there is no mention of the unlimited incoming calls.

100 minutes Limited Canada-Wide Talk      14  /  100 MIN
250 MB at 3G speed         44.007  /  250 MB
Unlimited International Texts   132  /  999999 Unit

This is a known issue. Public Mobile is working to add the Unlimited Incoming calls to your plan description.
Not sure if you will see a separate line for it on your account page though.
A simple test to know if it's working, your 100 minutes of talk counter will increase only for out-going calls.

Yes did the test by calling my Cell from my landline and  it showed that it ate a minute. This confirms that the old $15 plan has not automatically been updated with the new plan features. Smiley Happy Have been advised to schedule a change plan for my next renewal date, that I have done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:
Noticed that there is no more an "accept Solution" tab.

Because you or an Oracle or a Mod selected the first reply as the solution. You can change it if you like.

How?

You sorta kinda gotta mean it. It can be thought of as a little rude. So be sure to be judicious about it.

The post that has the solution...click on the 3 dots in the upper right and you can undo it. Then you can go to another post and call it the solution.

@BEER  You might also want to edit your original question so that others don't get confused.Smiley Happy

Smiley HappyWas just wondering because usually there is a "accept solution" option. I don't want to offend anyone so will just leave this alone.

That button stays on for the OP (you in this case) until you click on it or also possibly an Oracle or Mod does it on your behalf. If they did that, the OP can still change it. But in this specific case your question was answered. Then you asked another question. Which is fine. But you can't *really* change the solution to the second question answered now can you 🙂

BEER

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Because you or an Oracle or a Mod selected the first reply as the solution. You can change it if you like.

How?

You sorta kinda gotta mean it. It can be thought of as a little rude. So be sure to be judicious about it.

The post that has the solution...click on the 3 dots in the upper right and you can undo it. Then you can go to another post and call it the solution.

@BEER  You might also want to edit your original question so that others don't get confused.Smiley Happy

Smiley HappyWas just wondering because usually there is a "accept solution" option. I don't want to offend anyone so will just leave this alone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

How?

Yeah really. Simple question, simple answer. The rest was discussion.

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

How?

BEER

@geopublic wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@BEER, yes, you are still on the old plan, select them now in the change plan area, and make it for your next renewal.  This will flip you and your other account to the new plan.

@BEER  Please be aware that some customers are experiencing issues with not being able to send outgoing texts with the new $15.00 plan so if outgoing texts are important maybe wait till it's fixed.

Yes texting is my number 1 priority --- My plan change will take effect on May 23 - hope by then all will be fine or perhaps I should cancel the change plan at next renewal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

How?

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

How?

@BEER  Click on the three dots.

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

How?

@stonechucker wrote:

@BEER, yes, you are still on the old plan, select them now in the change plan area, and make it for your next renewal.  This will flip you and your other account to the new plan.

@BEER  Please be aware that some customers are experiencing issues with not being able to send outgoing texts with the new $15.00 plan so if outgoing texts are important maybe wait till it's fixed.

@BEER wrote:

@GR wrote:

Mine was set to change this morning at renewal and it did no problem!  I can confirm that the incoming calls don't go in the 100 minutes counter on the account page. As for the wording on the plan it still does not say unlimited incoming calls. I switched from the old 15$ plan to the new 15$ plan and everything works great 

So I assume the plan features do not automatically update and I should switch to the new $15 plan.

New plan features never change automatically at PM unless specifically stated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

BEER

BEER

@stonechucker wrote:

Thank you -- have done as you suggested.

BEER

@GR wrote:

Mine was set to change this morning at renewal and it did no problem!  I can confirm that the incoming calls don't go in the 100 minutes counter on the account page. As for the wording on the plan it still does not say unlimited incoming calls. I switched from the old 15$ plan to the new 15$ plan and everything works great 

So I assume the plan features do not automatically update and I should switch to the new $15 plan.

BEER

@stonechucker wrote:

@BEER, which day did you set your plan change (or activate) the $15 plan?  The original $15 in mid-to-late April did not include unlimited incoming calls.  The late April updated $15 plan replaced the original, and didn't show a difference in 'plan' description (yet), and is currently being addressed by PM.

If you have very recently changed, you might be on the unlimited incoming plan. When did your latest cycle start?  This would help confirm.

Switched to the   $15 plans soon after they were introduced - they renew on the 23 and 27 of each month. I assume that since they are not new accounts they may not have the "unlimited incomng call" feature.  

@BEER, which day did you set your plan change (or activate) the $15 plan?  The original $15 in mid-to-late April did not include unlimited incoming calls.  The late April updated $15 plan replaced the original, and didn't show a difference in 'plan' description (yet), and is currently being addressed by PM.

If you have very recently changed, you might be on the unlimited incoming plan. When did your latest cycle start?  This would help confirm.

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Yes that is exactly what it means.

Just to make sure  --- are all incoming local and long distance calls free regardless if they are from another cell or landline?

Yes

Sory for yet another question -- Cut and pasting from my account page - there is no mention of the unlimited incoming calls.

100 minutes Limited Canada-Wide Talk      14  /  100 MIN
250 MB at 3G speed         44.007  /  250 MB
Unlimited International Texts   132  /  999999 Unit

Don't worry about it unless incoming calls start using some of your 100 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.