cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. talk, text, data plan issue

bettina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

I bought the US talk, text, and data plan for a trip to the US a few weeks ago. During my stay south of the border I had to make a few very important scheduled phone calls to Germany which is why I had bought the $ 20 add-on. Since I also have the international calling add-on as well, I was confident that calling internationally would not be an issue.

However, while in the U.S. I was never able to call Germany (neither cell phone or land line) which was a serious issue for my business.

Please explain.

6 REPLIES 6

bettina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @CS_Agent Saray,

Unfortunately, it is not clear on your website that your roaming add-on cannot be used to call Germany from the U.S. An update would be great so no one else has the same issue I experienced.

Would you be able to credit my account for the $20 add-on I couldnt' use as intended?

Bettina

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wouldn't recommend using public mobile as business phone like that. There are too many hoops. I would have just suggested not getting calling addon and just using some VOIP in the USA to call germany. Cost would be next to nothing. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @bettina

I'm sorry you missed some important calls while you were in the U.S. Unfortunately, the U.S. roaming add-ons only allow calls and texts from/to the U.S. and Canada. Our roaming add-ons cannot be used in combination with the long distance add-ons. 

Don't hesitate to send us a private message if you have any other questions 🙂 

@ShawnC13 and @Nsk143 -  thank you btw 😄 

Saray

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Here's a chart showing which calls you can make from where to where with the various plans and add-ons:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Agreed with shawnc
It's probably only works when you in your home region. Using u.s roaming its already an add-on and then using long distance add-on while Using u.s roaming. I have a doubt its won't work like that.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bettina, sorry to hear you had these issues.  The international Long distance calling is while you are on the HOME network.  When travelling to the US you aren't on the home network and I don't think any of the other addons would be active.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.