cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S.roaming

Caulfeild1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in Nevada. Have paid for the 10 day talk and text and limited data. but my incoming and outgoing calls are dropped after about 1 minute. Why??

7 REPLIES 7

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

I'm on AT&T. not sure howto switch networks

Actually, given that you have multiple roaming add-ons and that this is a known-issue, changing networks probably won't resolve the issue.

But if you want to try, I only know how to do it on the iPhone (if you're on Android, I'm sure someone can provide details on doing it).

Settings --> Cellular --> Network Selection -> Automatic (deselect) -> wait for networks to show up (may take a few minutes) -> Select T-Mobile or another (I think I've tried various, but only AT&T and T-Mobile worked for me).

After testing, you will likely want to restore back to Automatic, as that will usually provide the best results as you travel.

Caulfeild1

I'm on AT&T. not sure howto switch networks

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Which USA add-ons? If you have overlapping talk ones then that is likely the cause. Only mods can fix and they are 3 day reply times.

You might want to get a fongo number and see if you can forward your call to fongo voip

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I haven't had that occur before, but when I was in Las Vegas a while ago, my partner's phone showed she was on T-Mobile (IIRC) while I was on AT&T.  It was very strange, since we both had the exact same model of phone, we both had the same iOS and carrier profile (akin to the old concept of PRL), and we were physically located in the same area/location.  I had tried rebooting both devices, going in and out of Airplane mode, etc. but our phones remained "married" to the network it had selected when we got off the plane.

We didn't use our phones much, so I can't say that roaming on one versus the other was better or worse.

Anyway, my point is, regardless of which carrier you're on (I think Telus/Koodo/PM all roam on AT&T and T-Mobile), try selecting the other one, and see if that gives better results?

Caulfeild1

it appears that I have 3 U.S. add ons! but have only oaid for 1!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Caulfeild1 is your connection to the roaming network weak? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you check your self serve see if you have 2 USA talk add-ons.  That seems to cause calls dropping.

Need Help? Let's chat.