cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. add on

Rabia1703
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Three weeks ago I purchased US add-on for my phone while in New York..  Not only it did not work.. I packed away my phone in frustration..  Only to come home two weeks after (I was on an 11 day cruise) and Public Mobile went into my account three times for $22.60..  I need help rectifying this glitch, I’ve been back one week now and CANNOT log into my Account.. HELP!!!

24 REPLIES 24

@Rabia1703 wrote:

Thanks for responding..  Unfortunately the monies are not in my available funds.. I have found Public Mobile to be very frustrating, especially when my money is being messed with and there is no easy fix..  As of December 29, 2019 I have left Public Mobile.  However, I would appreciate a refund of my monies taken from my bank account.  It was taken three times to the tune of $22.60

@Rabia1703 Only the moderators can address your issue. To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you did not transfer your PM phone number, be sure to turn off autopay or delete your credit card. This will ensure no further charges.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rabia1703
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for responding..  Unfortunately the monies are not in my available funds.. I have found Public Mobile to be very frustrating, especially when my money is being messed with and there is no easy fix..  As of December 29, 2019 I have left Public Mobile.  However, I would appreciate a refund of my monies taken from my bank account.  It was taken three times to the tune of $22.60

@Anonymous   l was going to edit and clean it up but didn't want *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug  to show up....he loves long posts so you get what you get.....seeing as they fixed the ability to fix this bug the few of us that have it are stuck with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Wall of text notwithstanding ...I absolutely agree with this. I have muddled through all these secret keywords and magical incantations to try to get to the submit ticket. Almost about exactly never. I can't stand the stupid thing.

A couple weeks ago I reported to the mods about the rapid data consumption of the gift. Fiddle f@rted around quite a bit and it simply kept coming back to contact moderators which simply went to the pm screen. What's the point of spending all that time trying to find ones way to the submit ticket screen getting more and more agitated at not succeeding.

So I wrote the pm and the next day got a reply. They fixed it themselves over that time period but still...they got back to me. But noooo...we're supposed to tell people to use SIMon. So I just avoid saying anything or mockingly direct to people to it.

Stupid chatbot.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@geopublic , Public Mobile is asking that people follow the prompts of SIMon and not just jumping to the rep wording.  They would like to see simon collect the info and be able to see what issues are currently creating the most issues as well they can prioritize the tickets as some issues are more critical than others.

Noted. But since the OP is experiencing this issue for two days on a 10 day addon is important that they get it resolved asap.

I might not actually disagree with you. However, Public Mobile doesn't want people to just type in "rep" and open a ticket. They insist that members go through the process and type in questions about the problem, even though this will take longer and Simon will surely give many responses that aren't so great. I can't tell people what to do, except to say to make sure that the issue is categorized properly.

Hmmmm.......oracle discussion about simple Simon. Some of which I have not heard communicated to members on exactly how pm wants it's customers to contact moderators. From a purely customer perspective unless you're into the whole automated service model having to use anything automated is a complete pain. Add in that you may be a new customer and unfamiliar with an online only service, frustrated by services not working having to deal with simon can just add to the customers stress level. The community gives customers the personal touch and the opportunity to express how they feel and get some group therapy before proceeding to submitting a service ticket. Forcing them to go thru a lengthy question process getting irritating non-answers from Simon and often getting referred back to the community is nonproductive no matter how much data pm wants to collect to improve and document service issues. I have only successfully submitted one service ticket via simon. It was recently when my renewal tanked and it was the longest i have ever waited for a service response and fixing the issue took more than 24 hours.Otherwise i resort to private messaging and im quite happy with the response times. Interestingly, fifty percent of the time i recieve a text survey from pm asking about my service experience using private messages which I respond positively and would i use Simon....which is no every time. I hated getting the automated system at the call centre for telus (still do) and I will continue to hate Simon. I do direct members to use simon but if i detect a technologically challenged person i will direct them to private mqessaging every time. Since we are not employees what pm wants their customers to do an what is easier to accomplish the same task will win every time. If public mobile had a state of the art computer system that ran smoothly and efficiently I would have a completely different opinion. We're driving a beater of a car here...you don't see Tesla testing driverless Ford pintos. Fix the system rather than trying to fix the way customers contact pm to fix the problems caused by an unfixed system

@geopublic wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@geopublic , Public Mobile is asking that people follow the prompts of SIMon and not just jumping to the rep wording.  They would like to see simon collect the info and be able to see what issues are currently creating the most issues as well they can prioritize the tickets as some issues are more critical than others.

Noted. But since the OP is experiencing this issue for two days on a 10 day addon is important that they get it resolved asap.

Okay, point taken.  But, you use the same prepared response to every inquiry concerning account related matters.  Not trying to poke the sleeping bear here, just making an observation.  

@geopublic wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I might not actually disagree with you. However, Public Mobile doesn't want people to just type in "rep" and open a ticket. They insist that members go through the process and type in questions about the problem, even though this will take longer and Simon will surely give many responses that aren't so great. I can't tell people what to do, except to say to make sure that the issue is categorized properly.

threads merged

Stay Safe!

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JonnyRocket
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Shawn

JonnyRocket

Changed the network manually between ATT and TMobile back and forth and the results are the same... dropping the calls after 1min. Been fighting this call dropping problem since they arrived in the USA yesterday morning. SMS is Ok.

@JonnyRocket wrote:

Im a network guy so that is the first thing I did is get my father to swap the networks around manually. After spending 30min talking him to changing network setting trying ATT and TMobile the calls are still drop after 1min.

Jon

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@JonnyRocket  That usually happens when you have activated more than one US Roaming addon with calling in your account concurrently. Is that the case? If yes, submit ticket for help by doing the following;

stpm-new.png

JonnyRocket

Im a network guy so that is the first thing I did is get my father to swap the networks around manually. After spending 30min talking him to changing network setting trying ATT and TMobile the calls are still drop after 1min.

Jon

@JonnyRocket wrote:

My father's number ********** is not working with USA Roaming in Sedona Arizona even though he has USA Roaming for the next 10 days. It keeps chopping off the calls before a minute. I have read on these forums that many people in the USA now are experiencing this same problem of dropping calls. Really the question comes to mind does the public mobile personal actually know how to maintain a cellular network and make it operate properly. This is very fustrating for my father who is visiting relatives for Christmas. Unbelivable. How do you get Network Problems Resolve with No Staff to Repair.

Edited by ShawnC to remove phone number

Have him try to manually select AT&T if he is on T~Mobile and vice versa

Stay Safe!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

JonnyRocket

My father's number ********** is not working with USA Roaming in Sedona Arizona even though he has USA Roaming for the next 10 days. It keeps chopping off the calls before a minute. I have read on these forums that many people in the USA now are experiencing this same problem of dropping calls. Really the question comes to mind does the public mobile personal actually know how to maintain a cellular network and make it operate properly. This is very fustrating for my father who is visiting relatives for Christmas. Unbelivable. How do you get Network Problems Resolve with No Staff to Repair.

Stay Safe!

JonnyRocket

My father's number ********** is not working with USA Roaming even though he has paid for the next 10 days. It keeps chopping off the calls before a minute. I have read on these forums that many people in the USA now are experiencing this same problem of dropping calls. Really the question comes to mind does the public mobile personal actually know how to maintain a cellular network and make it operate properly. This is very fustrating for my father who is visiting relatives for Christmas. Maybe the Public Mobile network operators need a little more schooling in setting up USA Roaming Parameters. Unbelivable.

@Rabia1703  The system was having issues earlier for people trying to log in. Try again but clear your browser. Reboot your device. Use secret/incognito mode. Use chrome or Firefox they work best. If you do manage to access your account check your transaction history. Did you purchase the add on? Or did you just add funds three times in an attempt to purchase rather than adding funds and then selecting the roaming add on and submitting it for purchase. If you now have a balance of $60 you can leave it for next renewal (s) or ask for a refund but they take up to a month to process. While you are in your account you can load your free holiday add ons from public mobile. Go to the plans and add ons page. Scroll down to the blue add ons section. Choose the first free holiday 400 international minutes add on $0 from the top of the first column then go to the third column and choose the free holiday 1gb data add on from the top as well. Scroll down under that section and submit $0 payment. They will appear on the overview page under your plan and payment section.

@Rabia1703 

Have you tried to reset your password?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If the reset password does not work, you will need to contact moderator.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rabia1703 wrote:

Three weeks ago I purchased US add-on for my phone while in New York..  Not only it did not work.. I packed away my phone in frustration..  Only to come home two weeks after (I was on an 11 day cruise) and Public Mobile went into my account three times for $22.60..  I need help rectifying this glitch, I’ve been back one week now and CANNOT log into my Account.. HELP!!!

What is the total in your Available Funds?

You can get that by dialing 611 with your PM SIM in.

Need Help? Let's chat.