cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

jluong9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

May sound like a silly question but, I need proof to show my mom I'm right. Does anyone know if the US Talk and Text Add-on will allow us to make BOTH locals calls in the US and calls to Canada? Or are we only allowed to call Canadian numbers when we are in the US? 

13 REPLIES 13

Domsil14
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you

@Domsil14 wrote:

So if I sign up for the 200 minutes longdistance in the us and Canada I must be in canada to use it. I cant be in the u.s. and use it. I would need to buy the u.s. roaming to be able to dial from u.s to a u.s or canada number is that correct

Yes that's correct, here are your options for US roaming packages which are good for 10 days from time of purchase:-

US Roaming6
For 10 Days
U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
$15
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
$8
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
$8
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.
From $10

@Domsil14 wrote:

So if I sign up for the 200 minutes longdistance in the us and Canada I must be in canada to use it. I cant be in the u.s. and use it. I would need to buy the u.s. roaming to be able to dial from u.s to a u.s or canada number is that correct

@Domsil14 Yes.

Domsil14

stefdav55

That is so good to know!

@wms1965 wrote:

Hi

Just to add to this question on using the US Roaming Talk and Text bundle, if I'm in Canada and purchase this to use while I'm in the US, do I also need to purchase the US / Canada Long Distance minutes too if I only plan to talk to other US numbers while I'm in the US?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

@wms1965  The US roaming add-on allows unlimited talk to any US and Canadan number while you are in the US. No additional add-on is needed.

wms1965
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

Just to add to this question on using the US Roaming Talk and Text bundle, if I'm in Canada and purchase this to use while I'm in the US, do I also need to purchase the US / Canada Long Distance minutes too if I only plan to talk to other US numbers while I'm in the US?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

@chukdefatey wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@jluong9 wrote:

May sound like a silly question but, I need proof to show my mom I'm right. Does anyone know if the US Talk and Text Add-on will allow us to make BOTH locals calls in the US and calls to Canada? Or are we only allowed to call Canadian numbers when we are in the US? 

@jluong9  No such thing as a silly question. If you are asking about the US Roaming Talk & Text addon you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts anywhere in the US and Canada while you are in the US. Also note that this add-on expires 10 days after purchase.

If a person asking the question thinks its a 'Silly Question' then it's a silly question. You may not think it's silly but it most definitely can be silly.  As a matter of fact I have personally asked many questions over the years that I thought were 'Silly'. 

If the question needs to be asked, then it certainly isn't silly for the person asking it.

If you can't find an answer by searching through the vast knowledge within the community and the knowledge base, then asking the question is required.

@chukdefatey, why bother with your comment?  It added nothing to the conversation that is going on.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@jluong9 wrote:

@jluong9  No such thing as a silly question. If you are asking about the US Roaming Talk & Text addon you can make/receive calls and send/receive texts anywhere in the US and Canada while you are in the US. Also note that this add-on expires 10 days after purchase.

If a person asking the question thinks its a 'Silly Question' then it's a silly question. You may not think it's silly but it most definitely can be silly.  As a matter of fact I have personally asked many questions over the years that I thought were 'Silly'. 

There are a few restricted US area codes and exchanges due to increased fees to access them.  They are most pay-per-use business calls for shall we say *nefarious* purposes.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jluong9 wrote:

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jluong9 wrote:

FYI...PM has a 200 minute Canada and US Calling Add-on for $8. You can call any number in Cnada or USA while you are in Canada. Those 200 minutes don't expire but roll over until you've used them up.

PM also has a 400 minute International Calling Add-on for $15. While you are in Canada, you can call many foreign counrties Including China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela.and Canada. Same deal...these minutes don't expire but roll over until you've used them up.

A couple of options if you need to call outside of Canada from Canada.

@jluong9 wrote:

Yes, it is to both.  Keep i mind that U.S. roaming add-ons only help you while in the U.S.

Need Help? Let's chat.