cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

robihot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi have a couple of questions:

Going to the US this week and planning to purchase a US Talk, Text & Data Bundle...

1) I understand that it's unlimited texting -- but does that include texting pics ?

2) I understand that it's unlimited Talk -- Will I be able to call from the US to Canada, call from the US to a Canadian cell number who is in the US (understanding that he or she has US Roaming)?

3) Will Data stop at 250MB or will i have a surprise data charges (over 250MB) ?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My apologies for the wrong info.  I guess they fixed it but never announced it.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@GreatCanadian wrote:

I can confirm that MMS messaging is included. I have used it, so yes to the OP, you can send pictures.

GC

So it could be another one of those "well...officially the deal is this" but then in the real world it does that.

@Anonymous it was a limitation when the US Roaming add-ons launched in Nov 2016 that MMS wasn't initially supported.  I believe they have since fixed that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GreatCanadian wrote:

I can confirm that MMS messaging is included. I have used it, so yes to the OP, you can send pictures.

GC

So it could be another one of those "well...officially the deal is this" but then in the real world it does that.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

GC

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am from what I remember MMs was. Not working in USA. It was stated on old article about roaming  not sure about new one

Noted.  This is an assumption but while roaming in the US, we connect to partner networks.  However the APN is not changed and so MMS should still go through the same proxy as if in Canada.  

mimmo

@will13am from what I remember MMs was. Not working in USA. It was stated on old article about roaming  not sure about new one

@mimmo wrote:

No

Yes

Data just stops

Text always includes SMS and MMS?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe MMS is included in the text package.  Generally, MMS is unmetered data because it is routed through a proxy.  The talk feature allows calls to Canada as well as US.  There's no overage charges on data.  When the allotment is used up, data stops.

mimmo

No can not send pics

Yes can call any Canadian number 

Data just stops

Need Help? Let's chat.