cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

RMF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am leaving for Florida Sunday Nov 3rd and plan on buying the U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle for 10 days.  I am in my 70's and a total worry-wart so like to figure out what I am

doing in advance.  I went online to see the procedure but could not tell if I clicked on the 

plan whether that was it, and I had bought it starting today, which of course is useless, or whether there were further steps before it is initiated.

Basically what I would like to do is  buy and pay for it in advance so it kicks in on the day

I wish to have it take effect, can that be done?  As just stated, I couldn't see for myself cause

it was not clear if clicking on it meant I had bought the service starting today.

Help please, in very easy to understand language!!  Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

RMF

Thanks all for your help!!

@RMF wrote:

Yes to add money for the add-on you would go into your self serve and pick the addon you want and "purchase" it this actually just adds funds to your available funds you would then need to go in and "re-purchase" the add-on that you want and it takes the funds from available funds.

So just to verify if I go into my self serve today and pick the addon I want to purchase, it will just add the funds, and then I can actually buy it on the day I leave.  I just wanna make sure if I put the funds in today it won't be taken as me wanting it to be effective today.

If you want to complete the add funds step today, you don't have to use the add-on process to do that.  Just go to payment tab and do a fund top up equivalent to the amount needed to buy the add-on.  Generally I don't see any need or advantage to topping up now.  Just do both steps at the same time. 

RMF

Yes to add money for the add-on you would go into your self serve and pick the addon you want and "purchase" it this actually just adds funds to your available funds you would then need to go in and "re-purchase" the add-on that you want and it takes the funds from available funds.

So just to verify if I go into my self serve today and pick the addon I want to purchase, it will just add the funds, and then I can actually buy it on the day I leave.  I just wanna make sure if I put the funds in today it won't be taken as me wanting it to be effective today.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RMF, your 10 day trip is exactly the duration of the US roaming add-ons.  This does not give you any chance to buy early.  @ShawnC13 provided the full story on how to make the purchase.  I think you just have to do it just before leaving the country.  If you are flying, do it while waiting to board.  If you are driving, make the purchase before leaving home. 

@RMF wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@RMF 

If you buy the US roaming package, it starts the day you buy the package.  No way to prepurchase for a future date.   

It is a two step process.  Need to load funds to account, then buy the add on.  

Here is a good article on US roaming:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need to load funds to account, then buy the add on..............I am confused on this part as payment for my monthly plan comes out automaticlly from my bank account and there would be money in there to cover the 10 day plan.  Do I have to do something special to load funds to my Public account or can I have it taken out automatically?  Thanks for your help.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RMF

@Dunkman wrote:

@RMF 

If you buy the US roaming package, it starts the day you buy the package.  No way to prepurchase for a future date.   

Need to load funds to account, then buy the add on..............I am confused on this part as payment for my monthly plan comes out automaticlly from my bank account and there would be money in there to cover the 10 day plan.  Do I have to do something special to load funds to my Public account or can I have it taken out automatically?  Thanks for your help.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RMF 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RMF wrote:

I am leaving for Florida Sunday Nov 3rd and plan on buying the U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle for 10 days.  I am in my 70's and a total worry-wart so like to figure out what I am

doing in advance.  I went online to see the procedure but could not tell if I clicked on the 

plan whether that was it, and I had bought it starting today, which of course is useless, or whether there were further steps before it is initiated.

Basically what I would like to do is  buy and pay for it in advance so it kicks in on the day

I wish to have it take effect, can that be done?  As just stated, I couldn't see for myself cause

it was not clear if clicking on it meant I had bought the service starting today.

Help please, in very easy to understand language!!  Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately you can't pre-purchase the add-on and have it start at a later time.  Once you purchase the add-on it is now active and that is day 1 of the 10 day plan.  Here is a good explanation of buying the add-ons as it is a two step process.  

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.