cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S Roaming for 2 months

GerryBiss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I will be Snow birding in the U.S. for 2 months and I would like to find a way to add enough U.S roaming to cover the entire visit. Is this something that a Moderator can add to my account, or do I have to come back every 10 days and purchase another Add-On. I noticed that the add-on feature does not even allow you to purchase more than one block at a time.  Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Tiana_V wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Tiana_V @Alan_K we see quite a few of instances of this question around snowbirding in the community.  I really believe PM is missing out on some potential revenue by not offering snowbird plans. I would recommend you guys think about reintroducing the $60 plan again, if not as an ongoing offering, then at least through the winter as well.  It might actually sell better now than it would for the summer vacationers you were originally targetting.  Food for thought?

I will definitely share this feedback with the PM pricing team - an interesting idea for sure! 

@Tiana_V thank you very much.  Have a great day!

I guess apparently the powers that be here don't read things here. This was well discussed back when the plan existed and when it was removed. This is not a new idea. But nice to get the reply back anyway.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiana_V wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Tiana_V @Alan_K we see quite a few of instances of this question around snowbirding in the community.  I really believe PM is missing out on some potential revenue by not offering snowbird plans. I would recommend you guys think about reintroducing the $60 plan again, if not as an ongoing offering, then at least through the winter as well.  It might actually sell better now than it would for the summer vacationers you were originally targetting.  Food for thought?

I will definitely share this feedback with the PM pricing team - an interesting idea for sure! 

@Tiana_V thank you very much.  Have a great day!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GerryBiss wrote:

Hello, I will be Snow birding in the U.S. for 2 months and I would like to find a way to add enough U.S roaming to cover the entire visit. Is this something that a Moderator can add to my account, or do I have to come back every 10 days and purchase another Add-On. I noticed that the add-on feature does not even allow you to purchase more than one block at a time.  Thanks

@GerryBiss  Honestly a better choice would be to purchase a prepaid US sim card like Mint Mobile

https://www.mintmobile.com/

or even go to Amazon and search for US Prepaid SIM cards.

lorca01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree with @hairbag1 . Get a prepaid U.S. sim when you're down there, like Roam Mobility.

https://roammobility.com/

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

For an extended stay like 2 months, I'd suggest you get a local sim card and a cheap talk/text/data plan while you're in US.

Alternatively, get a free voip app like TextNow and you can talk / text anywhere in Canada and US for free as long as you have a robust wifi signal. Seems like wifi is everywhere these days. I'm sure there's other voip apps but I've used TextNow and am pleased with it. 

Good luck.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you take your PublicMobile Mobile phone with you you should be receiving sms but without add-on you can't reply. You can also forward all your calls to TextNow number (in call songs) that way you won't miss a call or text while away

TextNow is a great companion when you have data plan or wifi, it's probably one of the first things that I install on every tablet or phone I use.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@GerryBiss wrote:

Unfortunately the only roaming option with PM is 10 days at a time.

You may want to consider other mobile options (local SIM) which will also be more cost effective.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@GerryBiss currently how it's set up you have to come back every 10 days. But there is a bug in the system which prevents you from buying the same voice roaming add on two consecutive turns unless 24 hours have passed. You could try adding your funds and asking a moderator to do it for you.

Another solution would be to purchase  a local SIM  for that period 

@GerryBiss wrote:

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@GerryBiss wrote:

Yes, have to do it every 10 day. However, you can always try contacting moderator, but I doubt that they will make a long addon for you.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@GerryBiss 

Unfortunately you can't

You have to buy them one by one

There is also a bug that keeps the roaming package that you just used up from the available add-ons for 24 hours after it expires. You can either wait 24 hrs, it buy different one, or contact moderators to add it manually.

I would advise you to look into TextNow sim, great option for long term/frequent stays, it costs $10 to get Sim and u get unlimited roaming coast to coast talk text and Canadian number data packages start at $20 for 2g and $40 is'unlimited'

Need Help? Let's chat.