cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

U.S. Cell phone service keeps dropping

Hi, 

My brother is in the U.S. on a phone using PM. He bought the talk ans text roaming plan. Everytime he calls out, he gets connected and soon hear 3 beeps, and then the call drops after about 10-15 seconds. Repeatable problem. 

Anyone know anything?

Thanks,

Mike

Mayor / Maire

Re: U.S. Cell phone service keeps dropping

@halifmike 

Does texting function work?

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Manually choose either T mobile or AT&T, then vice versa.  Enable roaming on phone.

Mayor / Maire

Your brother could try to manually select either T-Mobile or AT&T network.  Also try rebooting phone.

Thanks, Dunkman, for the very rapid response!

I'll tell him to check that he is connected to one of those carriers. I assume he wouldn't be able to call out if roaming was not turned on. 

I think he is not getting text messages.

I'll post here how it goes.

Mayor / Maire

@halifmike wrote:

Hi, 

My brother is in the U.S. on a phone using PM. He bought the talk ans text roaming plan. Everytime he calls out, he gets connected and soon hear 3 beeps, and then the call drops after about 10-15 seconds. Repeatable problem. 

Anyone know anything?

Thanks,

Mike

Maybe he bought multiple same add-ons. Is he not able to post directly here rather than a thrid party?

Thanks. Already working on this same suggestion from Dunkman.

@Triguy wrote:

Your brother could try to manually select either T-Mobile or AT&T network.  Also try rebooting phone.

He DID buy multiple same add ons by mistake!

What can he do about that to fix it?

@z10user4 wrote:

@halifmike wrote:

Hi, 

Anyone know anything?

Thanks,

Mike

Maybe he bought multiple same add-ons. Is he not able to post directly here rather than a thrid party?

Mayor / Maire

Your brother would need to submit a ticket to a moderator.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help    -> Click on Chat with Simon - on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!

Thanks again, Dunkman. I had him make sure he was connected to T-Mobile or AT&T, and that he had is phone set to allow roaming. He re-booted and voice is still not working. But texting is.

Another poster suggested he might have muitple add-ons for U.S. Roaming. He does. He bought one ($8 voice only) then thought he had not, and I bought one for him ($15 voice and text). There are now three showing on his account.  

I sent a message to the mods to see if they can remove the charge and the add-ons.

What do you mean about multiple same add on purchases? Are you implying that the add ons are interfering with the service? Is that possible?

@z10user4 wrote:

@halifmike wrote:

Hi, 

Anyone know anything?

Thanks,

Mike