cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two phone numbers, one phone

areum1616
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Can I use two phone numbers with one phone using any plan that Public mobile provide?

I want to separate my business and personal phone number but it's tricky to carry two phones always. 

10 REPLIES 10

My latest favourite is voip.ms. Add a Canadian number for less than $1 per month, and just setup forwarding for less than 2c per minute pay as you go. You can even have it alter the caller ID name and/or number so it's obvious when you receive the call that it is coming via your "business number."

Add an extra "professional touch" by having an IVR answer the call to present menu options to reach you, and call out up to 12 numbers simultaneously or sequentially to reach you or others. Limit calls to business hours, voicemail to email etc. So much fun!

No VoIP equipment or softphones needed, but you can always add that stuff later.

@areum1616 

If you have a dual SIM phone like I do then it's easy....i initially used my smartphone and a flip phone. Then I just put both Sims in my smartphone. All the suggestions here would work for you. Unlike @gpixel suggestion you can have the $15 plan and call forward that number to a $25 + plan with unlimited calling to use for your outgoing calling.

If you're looking for a dual SIM phone the Umidigi phones on Amazon.ca are very reasonable and are all dual SIM. If you live in Vancouver Foreign Electronics on Broadway sells international versions of a select Samsung phones that will be dual SIM.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@areum1616  Embellishing @kselmak 's thought would be Fongo/TextNow as your home phone and PM with your business line. Get the $50 plan and, hopefully, that's enough cellular data for both. Fongo/TextNow would only use your cellular data when away from wifi. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20200708-171055~2.png

It's free:)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@areum1616 

If you are using the newer iPhone, like iPhone X or newer, you can use eSIM + the SIM slot as dual SIM phone. Unfortunately, PM does not support eSIM.  But you can keep your current business provider on eSIM and get a PM line for personal use.  

PM does not provider monthly statement for business accounting purpose.  But you can request monthly statement every month or request once for 12 monthly statements.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can either get double sim  phone

Or go for TextNow or fongo

TextNow will give you unlimited talk and text to USA and Canada for free.

I use both for different things very good service, both have pros and cons.

You can port over your number to fongo and never have to pay cent in this life for it (unless you crave premium features ) with free forwarding is easy to switch from cell provider to cell provider as you don't need to port anymore

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@areum1616 if you have unlimited text and talk for both plans. just forward one phone number to the other

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@areum1616 , get a phone with dual SIM standby capability.  Get two phone plans and you are good to go. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If you have a dual SIM phone you can have 2 numbers on the same phone @areum1616. But to have both numbers with PM you require 2 seperate accounts, 2 unique email addresses(aliases allowed.) and 2 sim cards. Stay safe. 

No:  You would need two each of Public Mobile sim cards, accounts, and plans. You would also need a phone device capable of using both sim cards at the same time.

Need Help? Let's chat.