cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to renew plan now

Beshoka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all!

Tried for the last 5 days to renew plan now as I consumed all data. 

Despite my account having 105$ on it and the plan is 35$.

It never renews.

Thank you.

20 REPLIES 20

by the way test #2 may be on its way... 😉

@Anonymous 

I am impressed with how fast Firefox is flying through the pm website on throttled LTE. it's been about 6 years since the switch to chrome

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel : lol I didn't know there was an app. I've only known to set it in a browser.

@Anonymous

I did for Firefox, but I wanted to use the duckduckgo app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel : App?! Just set it up as the default search engine.

i just finally switched back to Firefox. there's a few things I don't like, but at least I'm not forced to use grid tabs... I like the speed and its response 👍

I tried downloading duckduckgo, but it seems Google has disabled the app from the play store

if you're using Chrome I suggest disabling their new tracking feature "privacy sandbox"

@hTideGnow 

Sometimes I use chrome, sometimes firefox, lately I prefer just plain old google.

.. not even Chrome?

@hTideGnow 

Yeah but I don't like its set up....I don't mind the browser I'm using on this tablet. The other one....you get what you pay for!

@darlicious are you using Samsung Browser?  Can you change to Desktop mode

something like this..

hTideGnow_0-1623096408915.png

@Anonymous 

This one the S2 falls in between a desktop and a mobile browser. ( I can quote!) But my new one is completely a mobile browser....which is why I hardly use it. It's just a giant phone without the ability to call or text.😣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I thought you had an ipad. I guess that Samsung tablet is also a "mobile" browser.

@Anonymous 

No the samsung tablet does not show it until you hit post. This happens to me on average once a day it gets irritating after awhile. A least when I get slamdunkmanned I can joke about it!🤣

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Beshoka wrote:

Hello all!

It never renews.

Thank you.

@Beshoka    How long until renewal? 

Your other option, I don't think it's been mentioned in the earlier posts, is to purchase data add-on for $15/1GB (kinda pricey but doesn't expire) to tide you over until renewal.  Since domestic add-ons don't expire, any remaining data on the add-on will roll over until used up and depleted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Wouldn't that be what he tried? Is the "renew early" only based on price?

We've all fallen victim to the thread moving. Desktop browsers show a red box when it happens. Sigh, copy, exit, find thread, reply, paste. Mobile browsers don't show the red box until you click Post. Can I assume your ipad also doesn't?

@Beshoka 

Your only other choice is to choose a different plan a change your plan now. Are you on the $35/3gb plan w/autopay? Or are you on the older $35/2.5gb plan w/autopay? If you are on the older plan you should be able to choose the newer plan and change your plan now. Perhaps you should consider the $40/gb plan? For $5 more the extra 2gb may better suit your data usage needs.

@computergeek541 

Gosh you are good at moving threads when I am replying to them! I just love having to retype my responses.....especially the really long ones!😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beshoka : While it would seem entirely reasonable that there ought to be a way to renew ones plan early...it doesn't say that anywhere. It all says _change_. You can change to any available plan other than the one you're on. ie. _change_.

You can do this immediately.

You could change plan to something else and then change back. It's your money. That would waste what value you have in that secondarily changed plan you just got though.

If you're out of data then there's kinda nothing else to waste so that's moot. Then a new 30 day term would start at each change.

So if you really like spending money then change down to the $15 plan. Then back to the $35 plan. You would waste 250MB and 100 minutes and of course the $15.

Otherwise, as mentioned, contact the mods for an early renewal.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

you want to change your plan for this month to $40?  You can request to change plan and select change immediately.

You can change it back to $35 later.  When you want to change it back later, you might want to click Change in the next cycle instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

@Beshoka wrote:

It never renews.

@Beshoka 

To renew a plan early, you need to ask the moderators to do it.  Please open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.