cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to call voicemail and recording says I need a long distance add on?????

patrickyee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to check my voicemail today and I can't, an automated voicemail says I need a long distance add-on to check my voicemail. Whats wrong with Public Mobile, I cant even make local calls without getting the same recording? 

6 REPLIES 6

@duffer900 wrote:

The Public Mobile voice mail number is local area code+5804001.  For example, the GTA voicemail number is 16475804001

Not always, but often. For example, there's no voicemail numbers in "old" area codes like 416, 604, 403, 250, etc.

Here is an updated list I came up with:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Werden203
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try calling your voicemail from another phone, such as a land-line or someone's else's phone? Can you access your voicemail that way while your issue gets fixed?

caboog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had this same thing happen and they told me it was because I already used up all the minutes in my plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@patrickyee , if you ignore the warnings and let the call continue, does it go through successfully?  If it doesn't, it would be an account provisioning problem.  In that case you need to get the moderator team to reset the account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@patrickyee wrote:

I'm trying to check my voicemail today and I can't, an automated voicemail says I need a long distance add-on to check my voicemail. Whats wrong with Public Mobile, I cant even make local calls without getting the same recording? 

Strange, maybe confirm that the VM number didn't get messed up somehow.

The Public Mobile voice mail number is local area code+5804001.  For example, the GTA voicemail number is 16475804001

If holding down #1 doesn't work... As @sunflowershine said.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@patrickyee It should not be like this. As long as you hold on the "1" key, it will take you to the voicemail selection. 

Need Help? Let's chat.