cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True North Affordibility

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just read this article:  https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/telus-plans-with-true-north-affordability-badge-meets-liberal-gove...

It says some Telus plans prices are being reduced 25% in accordance with initiative set by Prime Minister Trudeau to make cell phone plans more affordable in Canada.  It also says Koodo and Public Mobile will follow suit. 

I was disappointed to see that PM has just slapped on the "True North Affordibility" badge on its existing plans, but there does not appear to be any further discounting. I guess the PM plans are already so cheap.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itsBob wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@itsBob 

Go ahead and change it. It won't change automagically. It won't affect any services on your account.

In your self-serve, click on Change Number.

So if I select Change Number --- That sounds like I might be modifying my phone number, not my Plan?

Am I missing something ??

Ah crap. Two brain farts minutes apart. No of course it's not change number. Click on Change Plan by your plan details. Sorry about the confusion.

Be sure to set it for at your next renewal.

iPhoneUser

@ecowen wrote:

The $15 plan with a couple of rewards or only the "auto pay" reward is still a way better deal than the cheapest "Pre Pay" telus plan that I used to have.

Shhhhh.  It has to go cheaper as it does NOT have the “affordable” flag. 😀🇨🇦😀

And yes I agree. I was on Talk 100 for $100 x 2 a year that allowed my wife and to call each other free BUT only in our calling area and after that mucho dinero in increments of 10 cents or 50 cents per minute, per text or per minute for LD. 

E7BE053A-5DD6-4CBB-A7E3-B038C8CA4C92.jpeg

itsBob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@itsBob 

Go ahead and change it. It won't change automagically. It won't affect any services on your account.

So if I select Change Number --- That sounds like I might be modifying my phone number, not my Plan?

Am I missing something ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itsBob 

itsBob

I wonder could we select to change our Plan without losing any of our existing additions and AddOns or existing Phone Number?

Or is it better to wait and see if we will just get the discount applied automagically?

I've been on the $30 month plan for quite a while and it looks like the $25 month plan is the same just cheaper? Not sure how long its been available.

My Plan $30 per 30 Days includes: -
- 1 GB of data at 3G Speed
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text

My AutoPay Reward ($2)`and my Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)
My Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Data Add-on ( Not touched yet)
My Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Dist (incl CA & US) ( Not touched yet)

Could I request to change my plan to the $25 Plan as it looks the same, without losing any of the above ? 

If so how would I do it?

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There's a lot of broken/dead links on the Affordable Plans page on the PM website.

pmobile.PNG

If you click https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?category=plans-and-addons&subcategory=Data%20usa...  it goes nowhere (for me).

3s_Plenty

@ecowen wrote:

The $15 plan with a couple of rewards or only the "auto pay" reward is still a way better deal than the cheapest "Pre Pay" telus plan that I used to have.

Agree that plan is very good, cost me because of AP & rewards under 12$

ecowen

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a marketing ploy.  Since the release of the memo linked in the marketing campaign, the cost of cellular service has gone down.  The federal government has already indicated their target reduction is against much more current metrics.  It's going to be an interesting showdown.  The incumbents will push for as little reduction as possible without triggering a mandate for full on MVNOs in this country.  It's a pretty good time to be a customer.

funpig

I was still hoping that there would be a trickle down discount.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@funpig I believe the govenrmnet set max  prices for certain plan configurations.  PM I believe was at or under these requirments, so they were able to  "slap"  the logo on the website. 

I think someone in the community  jest suggested some of our plan prices will go up because they were far  under the max cost.  only time will tell.

Need Help? Let's chat.