cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip to another province

Hengy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently in Ontario with a 90 day / 12GB / Unlimited talk and text plan. I will be traveling to Quebec soon, and would like to confirm my options.

I want talk, text and data in Quebec - talk and text both in and out of province.

I know I need to purchase a canada wide talk add-on for out of province calling. Also the unlimited Canada wide text add-on.

I'm confused about the data. Will my data with my plan work in Quebec, or do I need to purchase a data add-on too? (The add-on doesn't say "national" or "Canada wide", which is why I'm wondering).

Thanks, Matt

5 REPLIES 5

Although there have been reports of customers receiving calls while out of their *home* province on a province wide plan, the offical statement from Public Mobile is that you will *require* a LD addon to do so.

Your mileage may vary, but you need to be fully informed.

Hengy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Hengy,

Data and texts are always Canada-wide, no matter which plan you are on (as long as the plan includes those features). So you needn't worry about data and texts working, they will work just as they do in your home province at no extra cost for an add-on.

As for calls, if you are on a province-wide calling talk plan, all incoming calls will need the long distance add-on, as well as all outgoing calls towards numbers outside of the province you are in while traveling (in your case Quebec). What this means is that if you call a number in Quebec, the minutes from the add-on will not be used. But if you receive a call (from any number in the world, even a number from Quebec), your minutes will be taken from the add-on.

See this article where there is a nice chart about how Province-wide calling works: Province wide Canada wide and Long Distance Add ons

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Hengy, data and texting are nation wide.  For calling, when in Quebec you will be able to make calls within Quebec with your province wide calling, you will also be able to RECEIVE all calls without LD.  You will only require long distance if you plan to make a call back home.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hengy, Do you have province wide or Canada wide talk in your plan.  If it is Canada wide, you are good to go.  If you have a provincial talk plan, then you need a simple longdistance add-on.  Whatever you don't use during this trip would carry forward indefinitely, so you could use it again during a future trip, or to call out of province when you are home.

Your data is canada wide.  No need for a data add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.