cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to the US

nicole7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, can anyone help with information regarding travelling to the US. Is that what the US roaming package is so I can use my phone in the states? Thanks Nicole

4 REPLIES 4

@nicole7  For shorter trips the roaming add ons are convenient  for longer trips not so much. Depending on how much you will need your phone and for what purpose you may want to consider other options. There cheaper roaming options by getting a US sim card  if you have a dual sim phone this can be very convenient as you can still recieve incoming texts/calls currently on your pm phone. Getting an app like text now will allow you to call or text  while on WiFi or with a data only add on or US sim card. There are also WiFi cubes you can rent and share with travel companions...google WiFi cubes for options in your ares.

If you do choose a pm US roaming add on...before your trip add some extra funds to your account and review the options available. On the day of your departure or when you arrive log into your account and choose and pay for you add on. It will start immediately...if you arrive later in the day and you can wait til after midnight et. to purchase this will allow you to get a full first day of roaming..

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nicole7 wrote:

Hello, can anyone help with information regarding travelling to the US. Is that what the US roaming package is so I can use my phone in the states? Thanks Nicole

If you have the old $60 plan with US roaming minutes/text/200MB data, you are set for US roaming.

If you don't have the $60 roaming plan, you need to pruchase 10 days US roaming add-on.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Here are your US Roaming opitons:us addons.PNG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nicole7  Yes, you will need to purchase one of the US roaming addons. They are good for 10 days and the counter starts as soon as you purchase it.

US Roaming

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and 250 MB Data bundle: $20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15
U.S. Talk Only: $8
U.S. Text Only: $8
U.S. Data Only: 250MB for $10, 500MB for $15, 1GB for $20

Need Help? Let's chat.