cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to The US for 2 mths

Oneshot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When do I buy my Add On and are there any add ons that are longer than 10 days

Also can I reduce my normal plan to a lower cost plan (eg. $15) while I am away at the same time

5 REPLIES 5

@Oneshot wrote:

Ok, if i do suspend my plan does that end my opportunity to receive $1 refund each mth for 1 yr of being a PM member

You will not earn rewards while your account is suspended.

Once your account is back on track, you will still earn your loyalty credit and other rewards.

More info here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-loyalty-reward

The number of years you are with PM resets only when you close the account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have access to wi-fi then you could use apps like Fongo, Skype, Whatsapp, and TextNow.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

If you already have funds in your account, there's another way to temporarily suspend your account.

When you no longer need your PM service, logon your account and report your phone as lost/stolen. At that point, your PM SIM card will not work.

Upon your return, logon and report your phone as found. It has to be well within the 90 days.

You will also have to make a manual payment to reactivate/renew your plan.

Oneshot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, if i do suspend my plan does that end my opportunity to receive $1 refund each mth for 1 yr of being a PM member

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Oneshot wrote:

When do I buy my Add On and are there any add ons that are longer than 10 days

Also can I reduce my normal plan to a lower cost plan (eg. $15) while I am away at the same time

PM offers US Roaming add-ons for 10 days only. You are better off getting a local US SIM (they are offered on Amazon as well).

You can change your plan, but you'll have to pick from the list of available plans upon your return.

Another option would be to suspend your PM while you in USA. If you disable AutoPay and if you don't already have enough funds in your account to pay for your next renewal, your account will fall into suspended status. As long as you reactivate way before 90 days, you're good as gold. After 90 days of suspension, your account will close and you lose your phone number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.