cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to Spain - want to send texts to Spanish numbers and receive texts - what plan?

Jasonbchristie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am travelling to Spain and would like to send texts to Spanish numbers and to Canadian numbers while I am there and also receive all texts. Is there a plan that I need to sign up for? Not at all clear on website.   

Also interested in data roaming in Spain but that is not as important. 

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

Roaming countries access is very limited, they added usa only.  

It has been like that, probably wont make any changes anytime soon by their ways of improving.

Get a local card is only solution, either with big carrier if you use alot.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can try freedom pop or knowroaming

@Jasonbchristie If you are willing to make do with just wifi access, have a look at https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212434486-International-text-messages-SMS-.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Last year when I was in Italy bought a sim at airport, between flights.  Was 15-20 euros I think. It's the way to go.

Just a fyi I  asked the rep about SMS and they looked in shock, SMS???  She said everyone uses whatsapp BC sms cost money to send. I think Spain might be the same way.  Do if possible agree on sms alternatives before leaving Canada.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasonbchristie wrote:

I am travelling to Spain and would like to send texts to Spanish numbers and to Canadian numbers while I am there and also receive all texts. Is there a plan that I need to sign up for? Not at all clear on website.   

Also interested in data roaming in Spain but that is not as important. 

Thanks. 

Your PM sim and plan will be no good in Spain.  You will probably be better off to either get a local sim and plan when you arrive.  PM I thought was clear in what it provides.  Service is only while in Canada (on the standard plan) and an addon needs to be purchased to have roaming in the US.  There is no there way to get service outside of North America

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.