cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to US for 50 days

susanmyraPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I am traveling to the US, will be there 50days. 
Is there an addon that i can add to cover all those days?
And set start / end dates?

10 REPLIES 10

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Buy a Tracfone Sim Card Kit at Walmart USA. You can bring your own phone. 

Check rates here https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans

It’s all in USA dollars. When I had mine I always bought top up cards at Walmart USA. Unfortunately the folks on the phone there are clueless that a snowbird would have use for their service nor would they accept my Canadian credit card. That was long ago and things may have changed but I found using Walmart as my intermediary in accepting my credit card was good. 

I just did a chat with them. See below. 

742B6BA3-6AE5-48F4-9413-F14F10E980BC.jpeg

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@susanmyraPM to suspend your service and not be charged as suggested above by @will13am . Enable the lost /stolen phone feature from within your service / my account .  Enjoy your trip . And take it off, apply payment manually , and hit the reactivate account option upon your return.

@gblackma  there is no need to use lost stolen.  the account will go into suspention if autopay is disabled.  the only reason to ise lost stolen if rewards or account balance is greater than the plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check mint mobile  who $15/month on three month contract.

https://www.mintmobile.com/plans/

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Buy a Tracfone Sim Card Kit at Walmart USA. You can bring your own phone. 

Check rates here https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans

It’s all in USA dollars. When I had mine I always bought top up cards at Walmart USA. Unfortunately the folks on the phone there are clueless that a snowbird would have use for their service nor would they accept my Canadian credit card. That was long ago and things may have changed but I found using Walmart as my intermediary in accepting my credit card was good. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@susanmyraPM  Best to search on Amazon.ca for US prepaid sim cards. Many great choices.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Check out TextNow

Forward your calls to your TextNow number for free

Receive your texts free while in USA (thanks to glitch)

Use local data and WiFi for TextNow or buy their sim and have it all for one time 10usd payment

@susanmyraPM to suspend your service and not be charged as suggested above by @will13am . Enable the lost /stolen phone feature from within your service / my account .  Enjoy your trip . And take it off, apply payment manually , and hit the reactivate account option upon your return.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@susanmyraPM , Public Mobile US roaming add-ons start immediately upon purchase.  They all have a 10 day duration.  Your 50 day stay is not going to fit well with what this service has to offer.  I suggest shopping locally for something with monthly duration.  For this service, you can safely put it into suspension while you are away and then restore service once you come back.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@susanmyraPM wrote:

Hello, 

Only thing available now is the 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data add-on.

Alternatives are a voip app or get a local sim and a cheap US plan.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @susanmyraPM no, presently there are only 10 day roaming add ons.

@susanmyraPM wrote:

Hello, 

Need Help? Let's chat.