cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel to las vegas

Jackiefargo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I am going to vegas for 4 days, not sure if I should upgrade to $60 plan or if there is add ons that work better. 

Data is very much important to have, but dont really need talk and text as much.

16 REPLIES 16

@Jackiefargo wrote:

Do any of the plans include roaming?

None of the current plans include roaming. There was one that did, but new and existing customers no longer have access to that plan unless they already have it.

Jackiefargo

That is a very good thing to know about. Thank you!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Jackiefargo After using the roaming add-on, be prepared. After back in Canada, incoming text mesaaging will stop working for a day. That's a glitch.

Review the 10 Day Roaming Add-on menu that @Dunkman provided you already. That's the only options that PM offers for use whilst in USA.

Try a free voip app like TextNow..free calling and texting to Canada and US as long as you have wifi.

Get a US sim and a cheap plan in USA.

@Jackiefargo wrote:

Do any of the plans include roaming? If I were to get the add ons for data would I get screwed over by roaming?

@Jackiefargo  There aren't any overage charges with Public Mobile. US roaming talk and text include unlimited talk and texting for 10 days. US Roaming data addons once used up data will stop working.

Jackiefargo

Do any of the plans include roaming? If I were to get the add ons for data would I get screwed over by roaming?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Jackiefargo wrote:

Hi I am going to vegas for 4 days, not sure if I should upgrade to $60 plan or if there is add ons that work better. 

Data is very much important to have, but dont really need talk and text as much.

There is still a $60 plan but it's not the one with roaming. Don't think that you lucked out and taking it because's there's no roaming included in the newest $60 plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They are another cell provider of cell plans for travelers to the US.  They are not associated with PM.

https://zipsim.us/

@JackiefargoYes you will be removing you Public Mobile SIM card and replacing it with your US SIM card unless your phone supports dual SIM

@Jackiefargo wrote:

Probably dumb question, but I would just remove my sim card with public mobile for the time I'm down there and use one I purchased for usa use?

Correct.  

Jackiefargo

Probably dumb question, but I would just remove my sim card with public mobile for the time I'm down there and use one I purchased for usa use?

Jackiefargo

Sorry not sure what a zim sim is? I assume it's not through public mobile

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jackiefargo  Check Amazon they offerr short term data only prepaid sim cards with a large data allotment.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Look at the various add-ons and see if they work base on what you think you will need while in Vegas. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could buy a zim sim which has data only plans 500 MB for $15, 1GB for $25, and 2GB for $35.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jackiefargo 

Unfortunately, the $60 plan is not available anymore.  

You wll need to buy a US roaming add on.  

Your options:

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.