cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel for the vacation

Fistinho
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have question about if I want to travel for many months or year how could I do with my service? There’s an option to help the people who have a long term? If yes what’s it the option? If not what’s the best thing I could do? Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Fistinho wrote:

I have question about if I want to travel for many months or year how could I do with my service? There’s an option to help the people who have a long term? If yes what’s it the option? If not what’s the best thing I could do? Thank you 

@Fistinho   Just don't renew your next billing cycle by either removing autopay/CC from your account and it will suspend and as mentioned you have 90 days from that point before repaying to keep your account and number.  Paying around day 85/86 is recommended to deal with any issues.  If you have an account balance credit then your payment will be taken from that, then it's best to Suspend your account by selecting Plans/Add-ons tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen and Suspend Service.  This will ensure no payment is taken from your account balance but make sure to make a payment before the 90 days is up to keep your number/account from being lost.

Edit:  Having said the above, I should first ask are looking to travel outside of Canada?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Triguy :and to kindly add to the apps you mentioned, the Signal Private Messenger app is the best for privacy and using less data.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are travelling outside of Canada/US you could either buy a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Skype, Textnow, or Fongo.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Fistinho wrote:

1. If you want to discontinue service while vacationing, you can let your account sit in an "expired" state after plan expiry for up to 90 days before your account and phone number will be permanently deleted. You should renew a week or so before this date.
  2. If vacationing in Canada and you want to continue using the service, then no changes are necessary - your Public Mobile service works anywhere in Canada that is covered.
  3. If vacationing in USA and you want to continue using the service, purchase an appropriate 10-day USA roaming add-on
  4. If vacationing in any other country, your phone will not work in those countries.
Need Help? Let's chat.