cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Abroad. How to suspend temporary my plan and payments?

Marina17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, I wonder, while I'm abroad, my profile says "account status: plan expired", but  autopayments still being charged. I'd like to put on hold my Public mobile plan and payments till I'm back in Canada in late August, but I don't want to lose my phone number. I'm not getting any services here anyway, and I'm using local sim-card and carrier. Please kindly explain me, what actions should I undertake? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

@Jasminekkk You added to a solved thread. What is it exactly you would like to do? If you would like info on keeping your number while away read this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M....

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Like adil mentioned, log into self serve (click on My Account in the top right corner).

Click on "Change Plan" and select the $10 plan.

If you already paid for your plan this month, click on "Change on next renewal date" 

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are will be expired more than 90 days. Your number will be lost unless if u change it to the one of 10$ month... just log into ur account and go to plan and choose change plan and choose the one for 10$ u can do it immediately or on the future date ( next payement) ..

but if u are suspending ur account less than 90 days than just don’t do any payment and take out ur credit card and stop autopayment..

once u will back make again autopaymeng and enjoy ur service back again..

have ver a nice and safe travel.

Jasminekkk

Thank you. Can you please tell me how to switch my plan?

MacMe

You can also maybe switch to the $10/month plan ($8 with autopayments) to keep your number active.

Jasminekkk

Is it safe to put all these information together online?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

A payment made is gone as you will have service. Lost/stolen suspends the service but it is still uses the time on your plan.  The only option is as mentioned ask for a favour from mods 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Marina17

Thank you for the response. Would you please let me know, where I can find moderators contacts?

What if I suspend the service under lost/stolen phone tab? It is said that I can resume the service until 90 days expired, but I'm not sure what other consequence could happen because of such suspencion? Would it be possible to save the payment this way? Thank you.

jp2

Unfortunately if the payment has already gone through it has paid for the next 30 days there no way to save it. If you private message the moderators and ask really nicely they might be able to do something for you 

Marina17

Thank you for the helpful response, I've removed my credit card from the account.

Will the $30 that has already been charged today, applied to my plan, when I resume using the services, or this payment is lost? Is there a way, to save it, as I'm not using Public mobile now? Thank you.

jp2

If you remove your credit card from the account the payments will stop and your account will go into suspension when the payment isn't made. To restore service simply make a payment to cover the cost of your plan. Please ensure your account is not in suspension for 90 days or the account will be closed and the phone number lost 

Need Help? Let's chat.