cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number from Koodo

irvine_wp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I need some help

I just activated my account on Public Mobile and I want to transfer my old Koodo number to use as my Public Mobile number. But I got this error message when I put in my old number and check it's eligibility. 

Transfer.pngI have made sure that the number is correct. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

GR
Mayor / Maire

@denisal no you don't have to contact Koodo, once the port is done it automatically cancels the account!

denisal

A related question. 

Once my Koodo pre-paid cellphone number has been ported to Public Mobile, do I need to contact Koodo to cancel my account with them, to ensure that I will not continue to be charged monthly, or does the cancellation of my Koodo account happen automatically, when my cellphone number is ported? 

Denis

KenR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice work Wendy, 

You got this ! 

Ken

wendyburston123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! It worked.  When I was going through the process of signing up in the first place, the instructions said that if you're with Koodo on a prepaid plan, you needed help from a moderator with transferring your number. Later on in the process, the instructions said that any account with Koodo needed moderator assisstance. I just followed your instructions and my number transferred and Koodo account cancelled instantly. Thanks!

Moderator Hours

- Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST - Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

wendyburston123

Do moderators only work 9 to 5, Monday to Friday?

KenR

Hello Wendy, 

Good on you for making the stats from Koodo to PM. I just did it twice and you don't need a moderator to do what you Describe. 

These steps are'nt  precise, 

You open your PM account, Go through all the steps and just take the number they give you. It's only temporary like maybe a couple of hours ? I thought it would be a day or more but it wasn't. 

I think maybe wait one or two hours then go into You're account and click on change Your number. 

And change it to you you the number you want, The number you had. 

I was even concerned because The two phones I just switched to PM One was the same area code as where we live now 250. And one was a 604. Like I say we live in 250 now and they both work, I got both the original numbers, Regardless of Area code. 

Best regards, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wendyburston123 wrote:

Call me dumb but how do I contact a moderator? I'm switching from Koodo and want to bring my number to PM. Don't know how to.

Nobody's gonna call you dumb.

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

If you're with Koodo postpaid then you can do it yourself in the self-serve though.

wendyburston123

Call me dumb but how do I contact a moderator? I'm switching from Koodo and want to bring my number to PM. Don't know how to.

KenR

Dear GinYLR, 

Fantastic information thank you, I quickly looked it over it looks like everything a need to get going. No I haven't got the sim card they're mailing it today. I'll get on it after it arrives in the mail. Have a great day. 

Looking forward to dropping the high cost of Koodo. 

Sincerely, 

K

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KenR

Just to clarify, "paid for a SIM card" doesn't mean you can pop the card in for it to work right away. You need to activate it and prepay for a plan before you get service. If you choose not to activate now, you can reuse the card sometime in the future or gift it to someone else.

Have you activated your Public Mobile SIM card and have a selfserve account yet? If so, then you need to contact the moderators with this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Give them your Koodo particulars and they will carry the port.

However if you haven't done the above yet.. Activate your SIM card + set up your account.. have a temporary phone number assigned to you.. then once the phone is up and runing, go to selfserve / My Acount to request a port from Koodo.. See below.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

Option 1, you will need to wait for about 48 hours for the Moderator to get back to you.. then some time for them to start and finish the port. Option 2, you will have a temporary number to use while you wait for them to verify your identity and for them do the port.

Just note for a port to work in both cases, the Koodo account has to be still be active (so paid for etc).

The reason for all this finangling is because Koodo Prepaid and Public Mobile actually shares the same back end.

KenR

Hello,

I went to open a new public mobile account, It did not accept my Koodo phone number ? What do I need to do please. I have already paid for my new Public mobile Sim card. 

Thanks a lot. 

Sincerely, 

agnes1230

@CS_Agent 

I have also waited for a day. Would you please check the message and advise. I have submitted another private message just in case it got fall through the cracks.

rblanchard65

I am also waiting over 48 hours with no response from 3 private emails to moderator team. Not impressed with customer service so far. 

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z_pm wrote:

hello,

do you know how long it takes? I'm still wainting since sunday for a @CS_Agent  to transfer my number from koodo. it is more than 48h 😞

thanks

I know issue is resolved but to whom it helps if the mods don't reply after the weekend has passed then try sending another message on Monday. The initial private message may have not wound up into a reps inbox or may have accidentally gotten closed in the process of following up with the cluster of other weekend messages. So no response by Monday? Message on Monday.

Cheerio

Dankaroo

irvine_wp

Hi! Well actually the mods replied to me within 2 hours of my post and they finished the transfer pretty quickly. You might just have to wait, I guess. Or you can try send them pm again to check

Good luck!

z_pm

hello,

do you know how long it takes? I'm still wainting since sunday for a @CS_Agent  to transfer my number from koodo. it is more than 48h 😞

thanks

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Lots of Peep from PM moved Koodo

Koodo Peep moved to PM also Cat Happy

Dankaroo

@irvine_wp wrote:

I suppose if that's true then I'll have to wait. Thanks for the help!

Your welcome, on the bright side your interaction with the community over this matter might save you a bit on your next phone bill 🙂

irvine_wp

I suppose if that's true then I'll have to wait. Thanks for the help!

Dankaroo

@irvine_wp wrote:

Thanks for the info! I'm waiting for the moderator to reply

Hope they get back to you soon. If I had to guess the latest they would respond would be Monday.

irvine_wp

Thanks for the info! I'm waiting for the moderator to reply

Dankaroo

@irvine_wp wrote:

Alright, I'll try to private message the moderator

I forgot to add, if your community account email and your PM account email do not match they will also need your PM account info.

irvine_wp

Alright, I'll try to private message the moderator

Dankaroo

@Anonymous wrote:

@irvine_wp wrote:

Hi! I need some help

I just activated my account on Public Mobile and I want to transfer my old Koodo number to use as my Public Mobile number. But I got this error message when I put in my old number and check it's eligibility. 

I have made sure that the number is correct. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

If Koodo prepaid then you will need moderator assistance.

@CS_Agent

Press their name scroll down to "contact me" and send a private message detailing you number, former provider, former plan type (prepaid, etc.) And any other information you feel may help them correct this. The more details you give the less time it takes for them to take action 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irvine_wp wrote:

Hi! I need some help

I have made sure that the number is correct. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

If Koodo prepaid then you will need moderator assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.