cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my phone number from my old carrier

Rebecca9s
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched yesterday from a pay per minute carrier to public mobile so the only box I can fill to switch my number over is the phone serial # text box but it doesn't work. I put my phone serial number in the "notes" box but the employee who looked over my account didn't see it because I got a call today saying I should contact you guys.

8 REPLIES 8

@mimmo wrote:

This community works best when we "tease" out the information first so that mods can have a complete picture.

LOL, and in some cases, that "teasing" is more like pulling teeth to get that information! 😉 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma  the initial port failed.  Pm needs to submit another port request.

Instead of jumping rright away to contact mods, I think it's best to  to get the correct information first.    Else another failed port might happen.    

I ticket with the correct info is much better than multiple plus delays.

This community works best when we "tease" out the information first so that mods can have a complete picture.

@mimmo I thought that the reason PM contacted @Rebecca9s And asked her to contact them was. to tell her what information they required in order to port the number.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rebecca9s  who was your original provider?  Some use the tel number of the account others you need to call first and ask.

@gblackma @ddeep91 it is pointless to contact mods without the needed information.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Rebecca9s If you're coming from Speakout, check out this post: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rebecca9s 

In order to process your porting request you will need to  create a ticket.

Follow the steps below:

To Submit a ticket, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot SImon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.

(CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterwards click on "No, I want a human and you will see an "Submit a ticket Click me!)
           Type a message describing the problem

OR  

You can also >>>Click here<<< to connect with SImon and submit a ticket.

Please note: It may take 24-48 hours for them to get in touch with you.

Welcome to PM

Cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rebecca9s contact the moderators and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

@Rebecca9s wrote:

I switched yesterday from a pay per minute carrier to public mobile so the only box I can fill to switch my number over is the phone serial # text box but it doesn't work. I put my phone serial number in the "notes" box but the employee who looked over my account didn't see it because I got a call today saying I should contact you guys.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rebecca9s wrote:

Many seasoned PM'ers will suggest you take a new PM number to start...then port old number when you're happy with the service. That'll give you time to sort out the porting process.

Need Help? Let's chat.