cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Data To Wife's Account

owyajoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My wife and I have 4gb data each. She ran out, and I have about 2gb left. Can I transfer some of my data to her account?
12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Anyone that would like to lend their support to the idea of PM offering data sharing should vote up (click the thumbs up button) this thread here:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Being-able-to-give-share-Add-On-Data-to-oth...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Clee88
As others have mentioned it's not possible

It would be great if it would be implemented tho

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If this was possible I would essentially have so much data. My mom only used 1Gb over the 90 days lol

If PM considers this maybe limit it to 250-500Mb per account every 30 days

owyajoe
Thanks for all the replies and all your help

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think this would be a good idea, honestly, and would be a differentiator in the prepaid market.

I understand it would be nice to have all the features that the Big 3 offer.  Sure somethings would be nice to have but if that is what I wanted I would have stayed with them.  I am really enjoying my service from PM.  Each number is one account.  I would really like  to be able to manage a family group (still individual accounts) but under one credit card.

To the OP if you are finding you are having data left and your wife is running out what would the cost difference be by dropping your data plan and increasing hers?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

baijuxp

Data add ons work great for that data boost and it rolls over so she can continue to use them next month

@makkahn28 wrote:

Though it's not possible, would be nice IF PM had such a function, to be fair

Public Mobile sells individual plans.  There is no data sharing option, like those expensive plans sold by Robellus.  So, why is the word fair being thrown into the discussion? 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

First they'd need to link accounts, which is something that people have been requesting for ages (and which there doesn't seem to be any sign of yet).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @owyajoe, unfortunately I concur with @NDesai and that is not possible.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

No, you cannot transfer data to another account.

She can buy data add-on to get additional data (unused data will roll over).

Need Help? Let's chat.